West Midlands, UK
Mexico City, Mexico
Prague, Czech Republic
Sao Paulo, Brazil
|Yoshiya L. Murashima
The activities planned for the last year have been accomplished.
- WONOEP (Workshop on Neurobiology of the Epilepsies) was
organized by Roberto Spreafico and Christophe Bernard and was
held in Ericeira, Portugal, as a satellite activity of the International
Epilepsy Congress (October 2003). More than 60 people attended
this successful meeting. The proceedings will be published as
a supplement of Epilepsia late this year.
- The Symposium on Experimental Models of Infantile Epilepsies,
organized by Phil Schwartzkroin and colleagues, was held in
Washington, DC, USA, in May 2004. A book will be published with
the results of this
- Latin American Epilepsy Congress – Mexico City, Mexico,
July 2004. For this Congress the Neurobiology Commission organized
one pre- congress course that was attended by more than 150
people. One symposium on Experimental Epilepsy was also held
during the Congress that was attended by more than 40 people.
success of these events was due to the good work developed
by Luisa Rocha.
- European Epilepsy Congress – Vienna,
Austria, May 2004. During this Congress, Annamaria Vezzani organized
a symposium on basic
- A symposium on basic aspects of the epilepsies was organized
by Y. Morashima and will be held during the next AO Epilepsy
Congress in Bangkok next September.
- The proposal of an international brain bank organized by
Roberto Spreafico, Asla Pitkanen and Pete Engel was presented
to the ILAE Executive Committee Meeting in Zurich. The ILAE EC
is studying the proposal and an answer is due for the next EC