Commission Activities from June 30, 2004 until August 31, 2005
- The LA Commission members were renewed and the newly-elected members are: Patricia Campos (Peru) and Henri Stokes (Guatemala). Elsa Yacubian (Brazil) was appointed by Peter Wolf.
- The LA Commission participated in the ILAE Congress in Paris with two posters. During that Congress, posters announcing the IV Latin American Epilepsy Congress were distributed.
- The Scientific Program of the IV LA Congress is already complete and professors all contacted.
Recommendations for Future Work
- A Latin American Teaching Academy is being set up. Henri Stokes (Guatemala).
- A project for epilepsy education at different levels is being processed by Salvador González Pal (Cuba) and Alejandro Scaramelli (Uruguay).
Juvenal Gutierrez Moctezuma