To work within the framework of the ILAE Strategic Plan and Mission to overview all aspects of ILAE Congresses. The Council will make recommendations to the Executive Committee about strategies to enhance the quality, relevance and profile of ILAE Congresses, steps needed to stay abreast of technical and educational advances in congresses, and financial sustainability of ILAE congresses.
These recommendations include, but are not limited to:
- Needs assessment for the purpose of congress offerings and congress structure,
- Organization of ILAE congresses and composition of their Scientific and Organizing Committees,
- Educational activities and credits during congresses in collaboration with the Education Council,
- ILAE collaboration with other organizations for the purpose of congresses,
- Assessing and maintaining the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of ILAE congresses,
- Proposing viable alternatives to congresses in different regions as needed,
- Publications deriving from Congress activities, in collaboration with the Publications Council.
Criteria for Appointment of Members and Chair
In addition to the process described under the document entitled Structure of ILAE Organizational Entities, the criteria for appointing Chair and Members are as follows:
- Chair: The Chair will have served in the Congress Council during the previous term and is appointed by the ILAE President from among the Council Members in consultation with the Executive Committee. The term of the Chair will be four years plus two years as past chair and cannot serve more than one term as Chair.
- Members: The President will appoint one member of each of the following groups in consultation with the corresponding group: Each Regional Board, Finance Committee, Basic Science/Neurobiology, Young Epilepsy Section (YES) and Congress office. In addition, two members from the Education Council; one or two members of IBE; and a Liaison of the Management Committee appointed by the President. Members will serve for the duration of their term in the office they represent, with a maximum of 4 years. All members will serve for one term only, unless appointed as Chair. Members may be added as needed to meet the needs of the organization.
revised April 2020
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community