The International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE) was founded in 1909 and is an organisation of more than 120 national chapters.
The goals of the ILAE are to:
- Serve health professionals as the premier international resource for current and emerging standards and best practice
- Support health professionals worldwide to enhance their knowledge and skills in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and care of epilepsy
- Advocate for epilepsy as a public health imperative
- Promote research and innovation for epilepsy
- Ensure the long term financial and organizational viability of ILAE
To join the ILAE, individuals must be a member of a National Chapter. Chapters are representative and inclusive of the entire epilepsy professional community and seek to further the goals of the ILAE within their country.
To join an ILAE Chapter, write to the Secretary of the Chapter in your country. Benefits of Chapter Membership
Information about the International League Against Epilepsy
- ILAE Mission, Goals, and Strategy: strategic plan and general overview
- ILAE Elections: Elections commision, and candidates and election process for elections of officers for the 2021-2025 term and historical election information.
- ILAE's Constitution & Bylaws and policies on appointed commissions
- Reports: View ILAE Annual Reports from 2000 onward as well as Strategic Reports. Annual reports provide a thorough recap of ILAE activities, including reports from commissions, task forces and our chapters around the world.
- Sponsorship & Funding: ILAE's funding sources
- ILAE History, from its founding to the present day, including programs from past congresses, and a searchable archive database of minutes, reports, agendas, programs, scientific papers, correspondence, and other ILAE documents
Resources in different languages
The ILAE website has most of its information in English. However some documents of interest to the epilepsy community have been translated into other languages:
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community