Commission on Epidemiology
The Commission on Epidemiology's work is focused upon the burden of epilepsy. The work that stems from this focus includes:
- the development of standards for the conduct of epidemiological research in epilepsy in order to best study the occurrence and burden of epilepsy;
- the burden of mortality in epilepsy with a specific focus upon potentially preventable causes of death;
- the spectrum of comorbidity in epilepsy;
- development of an epidemiological definition of status epilepticus; and
- assessment of the reliability of epilepsy classifications.
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.