Commission on Surgical Therapies
The goal of the Commission on Surgical Therapies is to support strategies in evaluation and surgery that minimize the risks for the patient and optimize the outcomes.
The objectives are:
- To continue the work of ILAE of international collaboration and to spread knowledge of techniques for evaluation and surgery of patients with epilepsy
- To promote good long time results
- To promote maximal safety for the patients in both evaluation and treatment
- To promote and assist in evaluation of new techniques
- To promote education in epilepsy surgery
- To support epilepsy surgery programs and building in developing countries and countries with minimal resources
Epilepsy in Guatemala During their recent visit to Guatemala, Samuel Wiebe, president of the International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE), Mario Alonso-Vanegas, member of the commission for surgical therapies, and Lilia Nuñez vice-president for Latin America of the International Bureau for Epilepsy (IBE) participated…
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please provide your email address.