Commission on Surgical Therapies
The overall goal of the Commission is to examine the area of epilepsy surgery evaluation, implementation, risks, and outcomes to recommend how the League can help move forward, with a global perspective. This overall goal will be achieved through a group of 5 taskforces:
- Task force for epilepsy surgery in the resource poor countries
- Task force for epilepsy surgery education
- Task force for pediatric epilepsy surgery
- Task force for evidence-based practice of epilepsy surgery
- Task force for epilepsy surgery outcomes
Each task force is focused on a specific challenge facing epilepsy surgery today, and is charged with the responsibility to provide proposed solutions or frameworks for solutions to address these challenges.
Epilepsy in Guatemala During their recent visit to Guatemala, Samuel Wiebe, president of the International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE), Mario Alonso-Vanegas, member of the commission for surgical therapies, and Lilia Nuñez vice-president for Latin America of the International Bureau for Epilepsy (IBE) participated…
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.