Commission on Diagnostic Methods
The mission of the Commission on Diagnostic Methods is to provide standardized protocols and guidelines for diagnosis of the epilepsies and their co-morbidities that is evidence-based and informed by the ILAE classification system of seizure types and their etiologies. The commission also aims to promote the optimal use of technology and the identification of new diagnostic methods that will improve the care of patients with epilepsy worldwide.
To achieve these objectives the Commission has established 6 Task Forces whose work this term will centre around the following three goals:
1. Identify key diagnostic methods in the area
- Why are these the most important methods to target?
- How might they relate to the work of other Commissions, such as the new epilepsy classification system
2. Ensure there is a strong evidence-base for these diagnostic methods
- What is the available data?
- Is there a need for a shared, global repository of data or support for large scale analyses?
3. Translate this evidence-base to clinical practice
- What is current practice in the use of the diagnostic method of interest?
- How does this vary for geographical regions of the ILAE?
- Are there certain aspects of clinical practice that should be targeted for improvement?
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community