Commission on Epidemiology
The Commission on Epidemiology's work is focused upon the burden of epilepsy. The work that stems from this focus includes:
- the development of standards for the conduct of epidemiological research in epilepsy in order to best study the occurrence and burden of epilepsy;
- the burden of mortality in epilepsy with a specific focus upon potentially preventable causes of death;
- the spectrum of comorbidity in epilepsy;
- development of an epidemiological definition of status epilepticus; and
- assessment of the reliability of epilepsy classifications.
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community