Young Epilepsy Section (YES)
The Young Epilepsy Section (YES) of the ILAE is a world-wide organization of young people in the early stages of a career focused on the care of people with epilepsy, and/or epilepsy research. This includes clinical and basic scientists, nurses, physicians, students, psychologists, pharmacologists, physicists, mathematicians, and other allied health professionals.
If you are interested in becoming active in the work of ILAE - YES you can register here.
If you’re interested in receiving our newsletter and additional information via mail you can register here.
Our goals are to improve the professional development of young people in epilepsy, and to deepen the participation of young people in the ILAE for their mutual benefit. This includes facilitating peer and mentor support, providing networking and educational opportunities tailored to young people in epilepsy, working to increase their involvement in epilepsy conferences, as well as supporting future leaders of the ILAE and its chapters. It seeks to achieve this using a grassroots-style organisation to effect change at the local, regional, and international levels of epilepsy care and research.
- To promote the involvement of young people from all nations in epileptology and the International League Against Epilepsy.
- Attract young people to epileptology.
- Establish regional networks of young people involved in epileptology with a global reach.
- Increase the number of Junior Members of the ILAE and provide incentives for Junior ILAE membership.
- Encourage the participation of young people in ILAE conferences.
- Promote the education of young people in epileptology.
- Develop a worldwide network of young epileptologists and promote equal representation of all regions.
- Improve networking and communication of young epileptologists.
- Facilitate the involvement of young people in ILAE committees and task forces.
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.