AMIE & SuSIE – Annual Meeting & Summer School on Imaging in Epilepsy, Epilepsy Surgery, Epilepsy Research, and Cognitive Neurosciences
Teaching, scientific exchange and marketplace
14 - 18 September 2020
When founded in 2015, the Summer School on Imaging in Epilepsy (SuSIE) was a pure teaching event for adult and pediatric epileptologists. Since that time, the SuSIE has undergone continuous further development. It is now a multidisciplinary forum that invites all professions with an interest in development, application, processing and interpretation of neuroimaging for exchange of ideas and experiences. Several industrial partners have been joining us for several years now, acknowledging that the SuSIE, more than any classical congress, offers an excellent opportunity to introduce users to their products by hands-on workshops.
Since offering all scientific, teaching and sponsor related activity within the traditional 3.5 days SuSIE format is no longer feasible, we have made the following changes to the format:
- Annual Meeting on Imaging in Epilepsy (AMIE) from Monday to Wednesday
- Summer School on Imaging in Epilepsy (SuSIE) from Wednesday to Friday.
2020 AMIE Program (September 14-16, 2020)
- Interdisciplinary scientific workshops on:
- Artificial Intelligence in MRI Evaluation
- Methods in Imaging Guided Stereotactic Epilepsy Surgery (stereo-EEG, coagulation)
- EEG/MEG Source Analysis in Epileptology and Cognitive Neuroscience
- Simulation-based Approaches in Epilepsy Surgery
- Telemedicine in Epileptology and Neurology (solutions for transmission of clinical data, EEG, MEG, various image formats)
- Exhibition of commercial providers of imaging solutions and stereotactic surgery
- Hands-on application workshops by companies offering products around structural and functional neuroimaging and stereotactic neurosurgery.
2020 SuSIE Topics (September 16-18, 2020)
- Lecture day on Current Standards of Diagnostic Structural and Functional Imaging and Imaging based Epilepsy Surgery
- Hands-on workshops on
- Finding Epileptogenic Lesions (Visual MRI Analysis and MRI Postprocessing)
- Functional Imaging (PET, SPECT, fMRI, Connectivity Analysis, EEG/MEG Source Analysis)
- Basics of Decision Making in Pediatric and Adult Epilepsy Surgery
- Advanced Decision Making in Epilepsy Surgery: From Source Analysis and Stereo-EEG to Surgical Planning Coagulation or Resection?
Annual Meeting (AMIE, Mon-Wed): epileptologists, neurosurgeons, (neuro)radiologists, nuclear medicine experts, (cognitive) neuroscientist, MRI physicists and biomedical engineers, as well as representatives of companies.
Summer School (SuSIE, Wed-Fri): adult and pediatric epileptologists interested in the didactic teaching and in the clinical hands-on workshops.
More details on the AMIE and SuSIE 2020 including booking options will be available on the AMIE & SuSIE website begininning in January 2020.
Suggestions for further topics can be sent to email@example.com. Companies who wish to participate in the AMIE & SuSIE are invited to contact us via the same address.
The AMIE & SuSIE Board
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community