Virtual Epilepsy Symposium 2020
Learnings from the COVID Pandemic: The New Normal
10 September 2020 12:00 - 14:00 China Standard Time
Originally shown 10 September 2020
COVID Symposium Evaluation Responses
This important virtual symposium will also be offered on Tuesday, 8 September, 16:00-18:00 Central Europe Summer Time, so that you may choose the most convenient date and time.
This virtual symposium features opportunities to gain insights from ILAE experts, learn more about current best practices, and understand how the pandemic will likely affect how we support and manage patients with epilepsy into the future. It is structured to give you maximum opportunities for engagement, with three distinct components:
- Pre-symposium case exercise
When you register, you will be asked about your experiences with COVID-19 and epilepsy, and what you would like to learn. You will then be directed to an interactive patient case, where you progress from clinical examination to diagnosis and treatment.
- Virtual symposium
Panel discussions and brief presentations will be interspersed with opportunities for you to pose questions to the speakers and prompt discussion amongst the panellists on the best approaches to clinical care during the pandemic.
- Post-symposium microlearnings
Following the symposium, you will receive self-paced online microlearning modules to further help you design the best strategy for supporting and managing your patients during this pandemic.
- Introduction & overview: J. Helen Cross (chair), Julie Hall (Moderator)
- Neurological implications of COVID-19 & implications on antiseizure medications (ASM): J. Helen Cross, Emilio Perucca, Samuel Wiebe
- Overview of COVID and epilepsy
- COVID, antiseizure medicines and co-morbidities in the elderly
- Dealing with complex epilepsies
- Pathology: What does COVID-19 do to the brain? Ingmar Blümcke
- Images of the visible effect of COVID-19 on the brain
- Discussion about their potential clinical implications
- Optimizing patient care during a pandemic: J. Helen Cross, Samuel Wiebe
- Face to face consultations vs telemedicine/remote consultation:
- How to deal with newly diagnosed patients and follow-up
- Common practice vs state of the art
- What EEG services are necessary?
- Learnings from the COVID-19 situation for future pandemics: Ingmar Blümcke, Helen Cross, Emilio Perucca
- Digital transformation of learning
- What will be the New Normal?
Registration is now open
Register here. Registration for this event is free and open to all health and care professionals.
CME Credit Provided by AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare and International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE). AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for Physicians.
AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
NCCPA accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME.
COVID and Epilepsy
See more resources from ILAE about COVID-19 and Epilepsy
*Sponsoring companies have had no input in the composition or content of the Virtual Epilepsy Symposium
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community