Epileptic Disorders™ – The Educational E-Journal of the ILAE
Epileptic Disorders™ is the educational E-journal of the International League Against Epilepsy and a forum where epilepsy colleagues worldwide can share their experiences. It publishes articles that are not only concerned with the clinical manifestations of epilepsy, but also all aspects of diagnosis, natural history and management of seizure disorders, including neurophysiological, imaging and other ancillary techniques. A major feature of the E-journal is the publication of accompanying video material. Impact Factor: 2.333
Mission: Create educational links between epileptologists and other health professionals in clinical practice and scientists or physicians in research-based institutions.
- Editors, Associate Editors, and Editorial Board
- Epileptic Disorders™ table of contents (February 2023)
- Instructions for authors
- Seminars in Epileptology: Education Review Articles
- Epileptic Disorders™ Educational Prize
- Top 5 articles of 2021
Epileptic Disorders™ is now published alongside Epilepsia® and Epilepsia Open® by Wiley! ILAE chapter members are eligible for a complimentary subscription to the online journal. Please contact your chapter executives for more information.
- Supplements on educational topics of particular interest to a region or country (including educational material in languages other than English)
- Videos: The Video library on the journal website has been revised to be more comprehensive and user-friendy. Search for videos at www.jle.com/fr/revues/epd/revue.phtml
Video material or other multimedia supplementary data (video-EEG; neuroimaging; neuropathology; neurosurgery techniques) available on the website.
You may access the educational database of videos of seizures and paroxysmal episodes on the homepage of Epileptic Disorders™ (www.epilepticdisorders.com). You can search videos by aetiology, phenomenology (i.e. seizure type and semiology features), localization and syndrome. Selecting the selection field for each search category displays the available items in alphabetical order. You can use a single search category or combine multiple search categories. You can access a list of all videos in the database by clicking on the icon “All videos” on the homepage. In order to access the videos you need to register but you do not need subscription, for videos that are open access.
About Epileptic Disorders™
Target readership: Physicians and other health professionals involved in the diagnosis, management and care of persons with epilepsy
Epileptic Disorders™ publishes articles that are not only concerned with the clinical manifestations of epilepsy, but also all aspects of diagnosis, natural history, and management of seizure disorders, including neurophysiological, imaging and other ancillary techniques. A major feature of the E-journal is the publication of accompanying video material. A principal goal is to translate active research and League recommendations into day-to-day practice such that terms and definitions have real meaning.
Target authorship: Experts in any epilepsy-related domain who can provide the reader with manuscripts of outstanding educational value to enhance optimal epilepsy care and research
Types of articles
- Comprehensive didactic seminar articles aimed at the practicing clinician, as well as highly educational review articles summarizing the state of the art for specific topics, aimed at neurologists and child neurologists with an expertise in epilepsy.
- Original articles related to clinical research and practice.
- Video teaching material for clinicians and basic scientists.
- Educational documents to support ILAE Commissions and Task Force reports.
- Highly original case series or case reports, with meaningful significant value for everyday clinical practice (in terms of seizure semiology, treatment, neurophysiology, neuroimaging, and neuropsychology).
Epileptic Disorders™ 2022 Annual Report
Epileptic Disorders™ 2021 Annual Report
Epileptic Disorders™ 2020 Annual Report
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community