The International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE) was founded in 1909
and is an organisation of more than 100 national chapters.
The goals of the ILAE are:
- To advance and disseminate knowledge about epilepsy
- To promote research, education and training
- To improve services and care for patients, especially by prevention, diagnosis
To join the ILAE, individuals must be a member of a National Chapter. Chapters are representative and inclusive of the entire epilepsy professional community and seek to further the goals of the ILAE within their country.
To join an ILAE Chapter, write to the Secretary of the Chapter in your country.
Congress participants share ideas
the International League Against Epilepsy
- ILAE History, from its founding to the present day, including programs from past congresses.
- ILAE Archives: a searchable database of minutes, reports, agendas, programs, scientific papers, correspondence, and other ILAE documents