ILAE Goals, Mission, and Strategy
Mission and Guiding Principles
ILAE's mission is to ensure that health professionals, patients and their care providers, governments, and the public world-wide have the educational and research resources that are essential in understanding, diagnosing, and treating persons with epilepsy.
The International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE) is the world's preeminent association of health professionals and scientists working toward a world where no person's life is limited by epilepsy.
The goals of the ILAE are to:
- Serve health professionals as the premier international resource for current and emerging standards and best practice
- Support health professionals worldwide to enhance their knowledge and skills in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and care of epilepsy
- Advocate for epilepsy as a public health imperative
- Promote research and innovation for epilepsy
- Ensure the long term financial and organizational Completeviability of the ILAE
- ILAE Strategy 2030: Strategic plan approved in January 2021 by the Executive Committee to provide strategic direction for the ILAE over the coming decade.
ILAE and IBE Joint Statement on Racism
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community