Many questions arise after a first seizure. What caused it? Should treatment be started? Is it epilepsy?
- Evidence-based guideline: Management of an unprovoked first seizure in adults: Report of the Guideline Development Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology and the American Epilepsy Society (2015). Krumholtz et al. Neurology 2015;84:1705–1713.
- Recommendation for a definition of acute symptomatic seizure: Report from the ILAE Commission on Epidemiology (2010) Beghi et al, Epilepsia 2010;51(4):671–675.
- Management of the first unprovoked seizure in adults. Georgian Ministry of Health Guidelines and Protocols on Epilepsy (2017, Georgian versions)
- First Seizure (Epilepsy Foundation, 2015)
- Infographic: Click to view full size image.
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community