Epilepsy and Genetics
How do someone’s genes contribute to the development of epilepsy? We now recognize several types of epilepsy that have a clear genetic component.
- ILAE Genetic Literacy Series: familial focal epilepsy syndromes, Epileptic Disorders (2022)
- Epigenetics explained: A topic "primer" for the epilepsy community by the ILAE Genetics/Epigenetics Task Force (Epileptic Disorders, 2020)
- ILAE consortium identifies novel epilepsy genes (Epigraph, Winter 2019)
- Genetic determinants of common epilepsies: a meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies (Lancet, 2014)
- Genetic testing in the epilepsies: Report of the ILAE Genetics Commission (Epilepsia, 2010)
- Supplementary Methods
- ILAE Genetics Pamphlet: Epilepsy & Genetics - Things you want to know
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community