Definition of Epilepsy 2014
This important document marks a new era for the League, as we can truly say that this set of definitions was a work of our community. The draft manuscript was prepared by an international task force under the leadership of Robert Fisher and then presented to all for comment. Your comments have had a major impact on the final version. The paper is accompanied by several commentaries from others involved in the shaping of our communal definition and by a discussion by Bob Fisher explaining how the more than 300 comments sent by the community were evaluated and incorporated.
- A Practical Clinical Definition of Epilepsy: ILAE Official Report
- Commentary by ILAE President Emilio Perucca
- Editorial: Names count - The new operational definition of epilepsy and Epilepsia's poll
- The 2014 Definition of Epilepsy: A perspective for patients and caregivers
- PowerPoint presentation illustrating the 2014 Definition of Epilepsy
Translations of the 2014 Definition
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
Additional commentary on the 2014 definition:
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.