Clinical Practice Tools
The following are some web resources from around the world to help with psychological/psychiatric evaluation and treatments.This list is by no means all-inclusive, but rather represents important links as chosen by the Commissions Task Forces.
Videos for clinicians and for patients with epilepsy that address the epilepsies and comorbidities are available for viewing online.
- Caring for children and youth with epilepsy: What primary care providers need to know webinar series
- Epilepsy Foundation - Moods & Behavior
- Veterans and Epilepsy: Basic Training: Psychosocial Issues
Mental Health Education Resources for Clinicians
The American Epilepsy Society provides mental health educational resources for clinicians to facilitate high-quality care.
Free screening tools
- EASI-18 (adults, epilepsy-specific)
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder 7-item (GAD-7) scale
- Neuro-QOL Anxiety Scale (adult)
- SDQ (children ≥ 2)
- SCARED (children ≥ 8)
- NDDIE (adults, epilepsy-specific)
- PHQ-9 (adults)
- NDDI-E-Y (children)
- Neuro-QOL Depression Scale (children)
Articles on Mental Health Care
Quality of life improves with integrated behavioral health services in pediatric new-onset epilepsy
Epilepsy Behav. 2019 Jul;96:57-60. doi: 10.1016/j.yebeh.2019.04.017
Research Practice Tools
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community