Structure & Working Groups
- The ILAE has an Executive Committee: President, Vice President, Secretary-General, Treasurer, and the Immediate Past President, and the Chairs of each of the recognized ILAE regions as are voting members, elected for four-year terms. The Chairs of each of the five Councils are also represented on the Executive Committee.
- The ILAE is organized into six Regions, with chapters in more than 150 countries and territories
- The five Councils provide oversight and governance. Each has a specific purpose, based on functions defined by the League’s Mission and Strategic Plan.
- Commissions are trans-national groups appointed for each four-year term to carry out the work of the ILAE
- Sections are groups of chapter members or Individual Affiliates having common interests or activities
- Committees, Task Forces and Advisory Commissions are working committees that report directly to the Executive Committee
- Structure of ILAE Organizational Entities: Details about purpose, how members are appointed, relationship with the Executive Committee and other groups, and further explanations.
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community