COVID-19 information for clinicians
It has become apparent that we are learning about the possible impact of COVID19; either on neurological status in previously normal individuals, or the impact on our patients with epilepsy.
If you have cared for a patient who has experienced an exacerbation of seizures, developed new onset seizures, or experienced another neurological change, please add the case information to our dataset.
Keeping people with epilepsy safe during the Covid-19 pandemic French et al. Neurology. April 2020
ILAE survey for clinicians
We are trying to find out more about the impact of COVID19 on patient care of those with epilepsy. Please take two minutes to complete the following questions.
COVID-19 Survey for Clinicians. This survey is available translated into multiple languages.
FAQs for clinicians
FAQs for Clinicians This survey is available translated into multiple languages.
Telemedicine for Epilepsy Care in the COVID-19 Era: key points to address + links to resources
COVID-19: Organization challenges with remote work in Epilepsy
Survey to assess both physician and patient satisfaction with telemedicine and organizational practices, and to determine in which situations telemedicine will have a more permanent role in our practice in the future.
Epilepsy Management During the COVID-19 Pandemic (YouTube)
Saudi Epilepsy Society Webinar, in English, recorded 4 April 2020
• J. Helen Cross: Epilepsy in the COVID-19 pandemic (overview) - starts at 7:50
• Emilio Perucca: Facing the COVID-19 crisis in an epilepsy center in Italy - starts at 29:00
• Haifa Alabri: Anti-epileptic drug interactions with drugs used for COVID-19 - starts at 44:26
• Zeyad Althani: Practical guide on ICU EEG monitoring for status epilepticus - starts at 57:37
• Question and answer period - starts at 1:14:20
Guidance on EEG investigations (American Clinical Neurophysiology Society)
Optimizing Status Epilepticus care during the COVID-19 pandemic
Michael O. Kinney, Francesco Brigo, Peter W. Kaplan. Epilepsy & Behavior
[Also in Georgian: ეპილეფსიური სტატუსის მართვის ოპტიმიზაცია COVID-19 პანდემიის პირობებშიc]
Information in different languages
For clinicians involved in the care of patients with epilepsy with COVID19
Guidance for clinical neurophysiology examination throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Latin American chapter of the IFCN task force. Daniel San-Juan et al. Clinical Neurology, V.131 (7).
Webinar recording on drug interactions - EpiCARE
- Emilio Perucca – Neurological manifestations of COVID-19 and special concerns for people with epilepsy – starts at 1:40
- Emilio Perucca - Drug interaction information – starts at 14:45
- Cecelie Johannessen Landmark - Mechanisms of drug interactions – starts at 33:00
- Eugen Trinka – 49:38 – Status epilepticus during COVID-19 pandemic – starts at 49:38
- Q&A – starts at 1:19:49
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community