For people whose seizures do not respond to medicines brain surgery may help bring the seizures under control. How does a person with uncontrolled seizures find out if surgery might be helpful?
- Cavernoma-related epilepsy: Review and recommendations for management (2013)
- Diagnostic test utilization in evaluation for resective epilepsy surgery in children - Report from The Task Force for Paediatric Epilepsy Surgery, Commission for Paediatrics, and the Diagnostic Commission (2014)
- Guidelines for Neuroimaging Evaluation of Patients with Uncontrolled Epilepsy Considered for Surgery. Commission on Neuroimaging of the ILAE (1998)
- Revised version of quality guidelines for presurgical epilepsy evaluation and surgical epilepsy therapy issued by the Austrian, German, and Swiss working group on presurgical epilepsy diagnosis and operative epilepsy treatment (2016)
- International consensus classification of hippocampal sclerosis in temporal lobe epilepsy. (2013)
- Practice guideline summary: Use of fMRI in the presurgical evaluation of patients with epilepsy: Report of the Guideline Development, Dissemination, and Implementation Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology (2017)
- Current standards of neuropsychological assessment in epilepsy surgery centers across Europe (2016)
- Diagnostic utility of invasive EEG for epilepsy surgery: Indications, modalities, and techniques (2016)
- International recommendation for a comprehensive neuropathologic workup of epilepsy surgery brain tissue: A consensus Task Force report from the ILAE Commission on Diagnostic Methods (2016).
- The clinico-pathological spectrum of Focal Cortical Dysplasias: A consensus classification proposed by an ad hoc task force of the ILAE Diagnostic Methods Commission (2010)
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
To subscribe, please provide your email address.