1st Iranian School of Basic and Advanced Electroencephalography
9 - 10 November 2023
The School on Basic and Advanced Electroencephalography is an intensive, 2-day course, designed to instruct in core competencies related to Interpret EEG and describe common EEG patterns (core competency 4) in children and adults.
- Interactive lectures (Q&As) and buzz groups that cover a wide range of:
- Basics of monitoring (general, dipole characters, electrodes, component requirements and montages),
- Physiological basics of EEG (maturation with age, changes with wake/sleep cycle, normal EEG tracing, recognition of artefacts and abnormal EEG tracings)
- Clinical EEG in pediatric and adult epilepsy (amplitude integrated EEG, electroclinical syndromes of infancy, childhood and adolescence, electroencephalography in epilepsy evaluation in adult generalized and focal epilepsies, EEG in nonepileptic attacks)
- Case based discussions
- EEG workshops: After the theoretical training sessions, a practical workshop related to the topics of that part will be held in each part. Workshops are held simultaneously in six stations. The duration of each station is 20 minutes and the participants take part in all the stations in rotation.
Epileptologists, clinical neurophysiologists, adult neurologists, child neurologists, senior adult neurology residents, senior child neurology fellows
The school will be held in Farsi but simultaneous translation will be available if indicated.
Faculty & board members
- Mahmood Motamedi
- Jafar Mehvari Habibabadi
- Seyed Sohrab Hashemi Fesharaki
- Mohammad Zare
- MohammadReza Najafi
- Mahmood Mohammadi
- Reza Shervin Badv
- MohammadReza Ghazavi
- Jafar Nasiri
- Omid Yaghini
- Reza Azizimalamiri
- Nasim Tabrizi
- Navid Naghibi
- Mohammad Hosein Kahnooji
- Mahyar Noorbakhsh
Moderator: Dr. Jafar Mehvari Habibabadi
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community