9th EPODES Advanced I
ILAE Comprehensive Epilepsy Surgery Course Series
Hotel Continental in Brno, Czech Repulic
21 - 25 January 2019
Course Website: http://www.ta-service.cz/epodes2019
Venue website: Hotel Continental
9th EPODES Advanced I is an interactive course on surgically remediable epilepsies, presurgical evaluation, scalp and intracranial EEG, neuropsychology, imaging and psychiatric issues of surgical patients before and after surgery. EPODES courses are organized in three-year cycles. This year the course will be dedicated to advanced information on epilepsy surgery including adults and children. The programme consists of presentations by keynote speakers and case presentations by tutors and students. The course is organized as part of the European Project of Development of Epilepsy Surgery Programs (EPODES) under aegis and with funding from Commissions of Epilepsy Surgery and European Affairs of ILAE.
Chair Prof. Dr. Çigdem Özkara Cerrahpasa Medical School, Department of Neurology,Istanbul, Turkey
Chair of the Program Committee Prof. Dr. Kristina Malmgren Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Sahlgrenska Academy at Gothenburg University, Sweden
Organizer Prof. Dr. Ivan Rektor Masaryk University, Brno Epilepsy Center and Central European Institute of Technology (CEITEC), Brno, Czech Republic
Cigdem Özkara (Turkey), Ivan Rektor (Czech Republic), Milan Brázdil (Czech Republic), Petr Marusič (Czech Republic), Vladimir Komárek (Czech Republic), Pavel Kršek (Czech Republic), Bertil Rydenhag (Sweden), Kristina Malmgren (Sweden), Helen Cross (United Kingdom), Sallie Baxendale (United Kingdom), Christoph Baumgartner (Austria), Sándor Beniczky (Denmark), Francine Chassoux (France), Francesco Cardinale (Italy)
- 750 € includes accommodation for 4 nights in a double room (hotel Continental), meals and course handouts
- 870 € includes accommodation for 4 nights in a single room (hotel Continental), meals and course handouts
- Other room options are available, please see the website.
Requirements for application
- Neurologist, paediatric neurologist or neurosurgeon who has a background to establish or run an epilepsy surgery center. Also junior members of established teams are welcome.
- All application forms have to be accompanied by a CV and a recommendation letter from the director of the hospital or chair of the department.
- Adequate knowledge of English to follow the course and participate in the discussions is needed.
Bursary information: Please note that number of bursaries is limited. Should you choose to apply for bursary for this course, you won’t be able to ask for bursary for other ILAE courses in the same year. Also, priority in getting the bursary will be given to participants who attend the EPODES course for the first time.
Deadline for all applications: 1st November 2018
To apply, please fill in an ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM and Accommodation, Transfer & Payment FORM on the course website.
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.