EEG in the First Two Years of Life
-- From Neonate to Toddler
Clare College in Cambridge, UK
4 - 7 April 2018
Comprehensive ILAE teaching course with an emphasis on interactive and practical sessions, in Cambridge's second oldest college.
This is a 3 ½ day residential EEG course that is interactive with an emphasis on interactive, hands-on experience. The content covers normal maturational aspects, abnormal EEG pattern and graphoelements as well as the range of seizures and epilepsies encountered in day to day practice in the first two years of life and consists of lectures and practical workshops during which EEG examples will be reviewed by participants in small groups under the supervision of a faculty tutor.
The course is targeted to paediatric and adult neurologists, neurophysiologists and neonatologist who are dealing with neonates and infants with seizures or epilepsy. It is limited to 48 participants, so early booking is strongly recommended. Basic EEG knowledge is a requirement and applicants will be selected on the basis of their CVs.
The course is organized under the auspice of the Diagnostic Methods Commission of the ILAE. A limited number of bursaries are available.
- Technical aspects, challenges and pitfalls
- Maturational aspects and normal EEG in newborns and infants
- Abnormal EEG in newborns and infants
- Brain injury of prematurity and prediction of outcome
- Hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy
- Neonatal seizures - EEG, semiology and classification
- Early onset epileptic encephalopathies
- Hypsarrhythmia and epileptic spasms
- EEG abnormalities in inborn error of metabolism and genetic disorders
- Benign epilepsy syndromes in the first
2 years of life
- Non-epileptic events in infancy
- Dr Stewart Boyd, UK
- Prof Geraldine Boylan, Ireland
- Dr Monika Eisermann, France
- Dr Sushma Goyal, UK
- Dr Judith Kroell, Switzerland
- Dr Angeles Pérez-Jiménez, Spain
- Dr Perrine Plouin, France
- Dr Ronit Pressler, UK
- Prof Nicola Specchio, Italy
- Prof Fabrice Wallois, France
Early fee 890 € (until 31.12.2017)
Standard fee: 980 € (from 01.01.2018)
Includes accommodation at Clare College (3 nights), half board with dinner on 2nd and 3rd evening and access to all the educational activities (lectures, tutorials, case discussions and USB with course material).
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please provide your email address.