Chapter Name: Belgian League Against Epilepsy (Epilepsie Liga)
Report By: Lies Coudenys, staff member West-Vlaanderen
- Newsletter for Epilepsie Liga members and medical professionals
- Release of new posters and brochures (epilepsy and driving)
- Publishing epilepsy magazine “Epikrant”
Summary of Activities:
- 1 halftime social worker/region provides individual social and psychological help to people with epilepsy and their families.
- organising information sessions in hospitals, schools and other organisations
- distribution of correct epilepsy information (individual/custom made and general information in public outreach)
- organising self help meetings for patient to meet each other
campaigns and events
- international epilepsy day 2019: publishing 4 video’s (the truth about myths)
- 9th of February 2019: Flemish Epilepsy Symposium in Ghent
- 10th of February 2020: International epilepsy day: Brain tour
- 10 x epilepsie café: a chance to meet other people with epilepsy.
- Several media campaigns (online, national newspapers, magazines)
- Joining national campaign “De Warmste Week” 2019 and “Epitaxi” in 2020.
- organizing the EEG course for doctors, epilepsy nurses and medical staff members in epilepsy care.
fundraisings, corona challenges in 2020 and 2021
2021: new staff member, release campaign “Epitaxi” in fall/winter 2021
Spring 2022: 9th Flemish Epilepsy Symposium
Officer Election Date: 2022
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community