Chapter Name: Croatian League Against Epilepsy
Report By: Silvio Basic, president of CLAE
Four newsletters and several articles were published in 2017-2018 on topics related to epilepsy. Also, one issue of the journal Medicus was devoted to epilepsy topics.
Summary of Activities:
- The main activity during term 2017–2018 was organization of the 13th Croatian Symposium on Epilepsy which took place in Šibenik from September 15-18, 2018. During the Symposium many outstanding and interesting lectures were held. There have been more than 100 participants and the feedback from the conference was overwhelmingly positive.
- CLAE took place in the organization of the Adriatic Neurology Forum (ANF) 2017. in Opatija
(Croatia) and 2018. in Monopoli (Italy). ANF is an important regional meeting where neurologists and neuropediatritians from our region have opportunity to hear lectures given by the leading world experts.
- CLAE participated at the 46th Syposium of Croatian Child Neurology Society
- CLAE also took place in organization of several workshops on epilepsy
- CLAE participated in activities for Epilepsy Day in Croatia (February 2017 and 2018). The events were organized by CLAE, Croatian Child Neurology Society, Association for Epilepsy and City Hall.
- CLAE members created Croatian „Guidelines for harmacological Treatment of Epilepsy“ and „Guidelines for Classification and diagnosis of Epilepsy“. These guidelines will be implemented in Croatian Health Insurance Fund guidelines which will have major impact on neurologists and general practitioners everyday work.
- We started an implementation of a new transitional model for patient with epilepsy from a pediatric care setting to adult care setting.
Our goal is to implement new Croatian guidelines in everyday practice, along with education of general practitioners.
In cooperation with the Serbian League Against Epilepsy CLAE will organize Migrating Course in Belgrade 2019. CLAE will continue to work closely with the ILAE chapters from neighbouring countries. Also, CLAE will continue to promote the development of epileptology in Croatia and participate in education of neurologists, as well as epilepsy nurses. We would like to improve presurgical diagnostic procedures for epilepsy, as well as epilepsy surgery in adults and children with refractory epilepsy.
Officer Election Date: 2020.
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community