Chapter Spotlight: Sweden
The Swedish Epilepsy Society was founded in 1986 and has since been a member of ILAE. Our goal is to promote research and development of epileptology in Sweden. We have about 400 members representing the entire epilepsy professional community, e.g., child and adult neurologists, neurophysiologists, neurosurgeons, epilepsy nurses, psychologists, social workers and basic as well as clinical scientific researchers.
- Ulla Lindbom, President
- Maria Compagno Strandberg, Secretary
- Helena Gauffin, Treasurer
- Åsa Amandusson
- Merab Kokaia
- Rickard Sjöberg
- Erik Stenund
- Helene Sundelin
- Roland Flink
- Marita Englund, Web site Manager
- Annual scientific educational two-day meetings, usually in November
- Frequent workshops & seminars on different topics.
- Annual educational and research grants for members to apply.
- Evidence-based guidelines and practice parameters critical for epilepsy professionals to provide quality care to adults and children with epilepsy
- Implementation of a national epilepsy registry as a part of a nation-wide neurology registry
- To raise public awareness and reduce the stigma associated with epilepsy, a DVD entitled “I´m ill only two minutes a month” was produced in 2014. The film consists of several interviews of patients with epilepsy.
- Annual educational course for neurology residency training in cooperation with the Swedish Neurological Society.
- Educational courses for physicians and nurses in epileptology.
League website: www.epilepsisallskapet.se
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.