2019 Advanced San Servolo Epilepsy Course
Brain exploration and epilepsy surgery 4 - Epilepsy surgery at pediatric age
San Servolo in Venice, Italy
7 - 18 July 2019
The 17th San Servolo Epilepsy course is primarily targeted to pediatric neurologists, neurophysiologists, neuroradiologists, pediatric neurosurgeons and clinical neuroscientists interested in the pathophysiology, diagnosis and management of pharmacoresistant epilepsies in children, and in the development of pediatric epilepsy surgery programs.
Objective of the Course are to teach attendees
- the effects of uncontrolled epilepsy on childhood development,
- to utilize knowledge to select pediatric patients for epilepsy surgery using EEG, semiology, imaging and other techniques,
- to identify patients who require invasive evaluations and be able to choose the appropriate invasive technique,
- to understand the various surgical resective and non resective approaches in pediatric epilepsy surgery, and
- to manage a Pediatric Epilepsy Surgery team.
The Course is based on formal lectures, practical case-based discussions, debates between experts, and special group activities. Attendees will be grouped in small teams to prepare a research project on pediatric epilepsy under the supervision of two faculty tutors.
The Course will be limited to a maximum of 50 applicants to allow an optimal level of interaction with the faculty. Applicants will be selected on the basis of their CVs and consideration will be given to ensure participation of trainees from different geographical origins and disciplines. The Course is supported by the International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE).
Course Directors: Helen Cross (UK) and Imad Najm (US)
Registration fee: 2,800 Eur in single room; 2,500 Eur in twin-bedded room (VAT and bank expenses included). The registration fee includes
- accommodation from July 7 to 19 (12 nights)
- full board and coffee breaks for the entire duration of the course
- access to the course and to the Venice International University facilities
- course syllabus
Please send application form and attachments by January 14, 2019, to the course secretariat: Metella Paterlini, firstname.lastname@example.org, fax +39-02-700445211
Fellowships covering registration and local expenses (not travelling costs) will be available for a limited number of young applicants (year of birth 1978 or later).
Fellowship applicants please pre-submit application before December 15, 2018.
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community