2022 Epilepsy Neuroimaging Course
ILAE British Branch
Centre for Epilepsy in Chalfont, United Kingdom & Online
29 - 31 October 2022
The ILAE British Branch Epilepsy Neuroimaging Course was successfully launched in March 2017. Medical imaging is integral to the diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of modern epilepsy care and has greatly increased our understanding of this complex neurological condition. A fundamental understanding of the latest imaging modalities and analytical techniques is essential to ensure clinicians are best placed to choose the correct types of scans, counteract for patient-specific anomalies, and better interpret the analytical outcomes, be it for adults or children with epilepsy. The forthcoming 4th course will bridge the gap between pre-clinical and clinical neuroimaging, by extending the successful format of hands-on and small group tutorials to include the topics of pre-clinical MRI and fMRI.
Open to all healthcare professionals and affiliates and MSc/PhD students, the 3-day course aims to provide both an overview and a solid foundation in state-of-the-art MRI and PET scanning in epilepsy.
The course will:
- Consist of lectures and small-group tutorials given by experienced MRI- and PET-clinicians / researchers
- Cover aspects of structural and functional MRI acquisition and analysis for both clinician and scientists
- Train participants on real patients’ data in hands-on laboratory exercises.
On completion of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Employ MRI and PET to influence the clinical management of patients with epilepsy
- Select appropriate MRI sequences, and distinguish clinical and MR features of different etiologies
- Understand the role of advanced MRI and PET-MR acquisition and post-processing analysis methods, relevant for both clinical and pre-clinical neuroimaging.
Registration fees and bursaries
Early bird registration rate (31 August 2022, 23:59 hrs):
- Consultant: £525.00
- Radiographer, PhD/MSc student, SpR, SHO, nurse: £425.00
- Online attendance £350.00
Standard registration rate (available from 1 September 2022):
- Consultant: £600.00
- Radiographer, PhD/MSc student, SpR, SHO, nurse: £500.00
- Online attendance £400.00
If you are from a low/middle income country, you may wish to apply for a bursary (£150 off the registration fee) to assist you in attending the course. If you wish to do this, you should in the first instance contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The HINARI list of countries will be used when deciding the outcome of the bursary application.
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community