3rd ILAE British Branch Epilepsy Neuroimaging Course
MRI Unit, Chalfont Centre in Chalfont St Peter, UK
28 February - 2 March 2019
You are invited to the 3rd ILAE British Branch Epilepsy Neuroimaging Teaching Course. Places are limited to 32 people and are guaranteed to be filled quickly! Don't delay. Register soon and make use of the early bird registration rate.
Register here: Congress website
The ILAE British Branch Epilepsy Neuroimaging Course was successfully launched in March 2017 and is now in its third year. Open to all healthcare professionals and affiliates and MSc/PhD students, the 3-day course aims to provide both an overview and a solid foundation in state-of-the-art MRI and PET scanning in epilepsy.
The course will:
- Consist of lectures and small-group tutorials given by experienced MRI- and PET-clinicians / researchers
- Cover aspects of structural and functional MRI acquisition and analysis
- Train participants on real patients’ data in hands-on laboratory exercises.
On completion of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Employ MRI and PET to influence the clinical management of patients with epilepsy
- Select appropriate MRI sequences, and distinguish clinical and MR features of different etiologies
- Understand the role of advanced MRI and PET-MR acquisition and post-processing analysis methods.
£50 off the Registration fees until Friday 21st December 2018.
Early bird registration rate (deadline Friday, 21st December 2018)
- Consultant: £460
- Radiographer, PhD/MSc student, SpR, SHO, Nurse: £360
Standard registration rate (available from Saturday, 22nd December 2018)
- Consultant: £510
- Radiographer, PhD/MSc student, SpR, SHO, Nurse: £410
Registration fee inclusive of electronic copy of course materials, certificate of attendance, all daytime meals & refreshments and the Friday evening meal.
- The programme is now available here
A brilliant experienced faculty has been lined up
- Dr Silvia Bonelli, Consultant Neurologist, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
- Dr Lorenzo Caciagli, Research fellow, UCL / Pisa, Italy
- Prof John Duncan, Professor of Neurology, UCL Institute of Neurology, London, UK
- Dr Marian Galovic, PhD student MRI/PET, UCL / St Gallen, Switzerland
- Dr Khalid Hamandi, Consultant Neurologist, Division of Psychological Medicine and Clinical Neuroscience, Cardiff, UK
- Prof Alexander Hammers, Professor of Imaging and Neuroscience, Head of PET Imaging Centre, St Thomas' Hospital, London, UK
- Mrs Andrea Hill, Super-intendant Radiographer, UCL Institute of Neurology, London, UK
- Prof Matthias Koepp, Professor of Neurology, UCL Institute of Neurology, London, UK
- Dr Christian Vollmar, Oberarzt, Klinikum der Universität München, Germany
- Dr Sjoerd Vos, MR physicist, Epilepsy Society, Chalfont Center for Epilepsy, and Translational Imaging Group, UCL
- Dr Britta Wandschneider, Consultant Neurologist, Royal London Hospital, London, UK
- Dr Friedrich Woermann, Oberarzt, MRI Unit, Epilepsiezentrum Bethel, Bielefeld, Germany
Register Today: Congress website: details of the programme and online registration
And if you have questions, then do send us an email at email@example.com.
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community