4th ILAE British Branch Epilepsy Neuroimaging Course
Research Centre & MRI Unit, Chalfont Centre for Epilepsy in Chalfont St Peter, UK
26 - 28 March 2020
The ILAE British Branch Epilepsy Neuroimaging Course was successfully launched in March 2017 and is now in its fourth year. Medical imaging is integral to the diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of modern epilepsy care and has greatly increased our understanding of this complex neurological condition. A fundamental understanding of the latest imaging modalities and analytical techniques is essential to ensure clinicians are best placed to choose the correct types of scans, counteract for patient-specific anomalies and better interpret the analytical outcomes.
Open to all healthcare professionals and affiliates and MSc/PhD students, the 2.5-day course aims to provide both an overview and a solid foundation in state-of-the-art MRI and PET scanning in epilepsy.
The course will:
- Consist of lectures and small-group tutorials given by experienced MRI- and PET-clinicians / researchers
- Cover aspects of structural and functional MRI acquisition and analysis
- Train participants on real patients’ data in hands-on laboratory exercises.
On completion of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Employ MRI and PET to influence the clinical management of patients with epilepsy
- Select appropriate MRI sequences, and distinguish clinical and MR features of different etiologies
- Understand the role of advanced MRI and PET-MR acquisition and post-processing analysis methods.
Places are limited to 30 people and are guaranteed to be filled quickly! Don't delay. Register soon and make use of the early bird registration rates.
Early bird registration rate (deadline Friday, 20th December 2019, 23:59 hrs):
- Consultant: £510.00
- Radiographer, PhD/MSc student, SpR, SHO, Nurse: £410.00
Standard registration rate (available from Saturday, 21st December 2019):
- Consultant: £550.00
- Radiographer, PhD/MSc student, SpR, SHO, Nurse: £450.00
The registration fee is inclusive of electronic copy of course materials, certificate of attendance, all daytime meals & refreshments and the Friday faculty and delegate evening meal, held at the wonderfully lovely Jack and Alice Restaurant.
Accommodation is not included in the ticket price. However, rooms at the Ethorpe Hotel / onsite can be booked during the registration process. Do email Hannah, Project Lead, for further details and prices.
Programme and Faculty
The Course Programme is now available
A brilliant experienced faculty has been lined up:
- Dr Silvia Bonelli, Consultant Neurologist, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
- Dr Lorenzo Caciagli, Post-doc, University of Pennsylvania
- Dr Maria Centeno, Post-doc Neurophysiology, UCLH and GOSH, and Barcelona, Spain
- Prof John Duncan, Professor of Neurology, UCL Institute of Neurology, London, UK
- Dr Marian Galovic, PhD student MRI/PET, UCL / St Gallen, Switzerland
- Dr Khalid Hamandi, Consultant Neurologist, Division of Psychological Medicine and Clinical Neuroscience, Cardiff, UK
- Prof Alexander Hammers, Professor of Imaging and Neuroscience, Head of PET Imaging Centre, St Thomas' Hospital, London, UK
- Mrs Andrea Hill, Super-intendant Radiographer, UCL Institute of Neurology, London, UK
- Prof Matthias Koepp, Professor of Neurology, UCL Institute of Neurology, London, UK
- Dr Menka Sidhu, Consultant Neurologist and Honorary Senior Lecturer at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, UCLH Hospitals NHS Trust and UCL/Institute of Neurology.
- Dr Christian Vollmar, Oberarzt, Klinikum der Universität München, Germany
- Dr Sjoerd Vos, MR physicist, Epilepsy Society, Chalfont Centre for Epilepsy, and Translational Imaging Group, UCL
- Dr Britta Wandschneider, Consultant Neurologist, Royal London Hospital, London, UK
- Dr Friedrich Woermann, Oberarzt, MRI Unit, Epilepsiezentrum Bethel, Bielefeld, Germany
If you have event questions or queries, do contact us at:
Hannah Stapley, ILAE British Branch Project Lead
Follow us on Twitter for news, event details and exclusive offers: @ILAEBRITISH
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community