Clinical Epilepsy 1-Day Course for Junior Doctors
ILAE British Branch
The Birmingam Conference & Events Centre in Birmingham, United Kingdom
12 November 2022
Time: 09:15 - 17:15 GMT
CPD accreditation being applied for from the Royal College of Physicians.
In the UK, epilepsy affects around one in every 100 people. Every day, 87 people are diagnosed. The consequences of an epilepsy diagnosis are severe and wide-reaching. Diagnosis can result in the loss of education, independence, income, and employment. Often health professionals find it problematic to manage even the common presentations due to lack of exposure during their early training.
The aim of the ILAE British Branch Clinical Epilepsy 1- Day Course is to provide an essential overview in epilepsy and its management in acute and community settings.
The course takes the format of lectured style teaching, and the course content has been carefully tailored to cover a wide variety of topics essential to health professionals. Each topic is founded on the latest clinical evidence and presented in a practical manner including case discussions, which will expand knowledge of epilepsy presentations and improve management plans. There will be an opportunity to learn about anti-seizure medications and MRI and EEG interpretation skills.
By the end of the course you will have gained a better understanding of the pathway of care and treatment of epilepsy.
- Early Bird Rate (expires 20th August): £55.00
- Standard Rate (from 21st August): £65.00
- FY1 and FY2 junior doctors
- Core trainees
- Specialist trainees (ST 1/2) and specialist registrars in fields such as A&E medicine, general medicine, paediatrics, learning disabilities, neurology, psychiatry, neuropsychology, neurosurgery
- GP trainees and general practitioners
- Health professionals who need to have a basic understanding of epilepsy e.g. surgical who have had no epilepsy or seizure experience
- Medical students
- Other professionals are welcome to apply
- Improve your practice in epilepsy management on the wards and in general practice
- Interactive learning
- CPD accreditation & certificate of attendance
- An epilepsy eBook: From bench to bedside, a practical guide to epilepsy.
- 59 chapters.
- Sections covering: Basic science, classification and terminology, spectrum of epilepsy, differential diagnosis, investigations, medical treatment of epilepsy, outcomes and impacts of epilepsy, special interest groups i.e., learning disabilities, children, surgical treatment of epilepsy, social aspects of epilepsy and provision of care.
The event so far has had a positive response and places are allocated on a first come first served basis.
If there are any queries about the course then feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community