In Search of Lost Time
3rd Rome workshop on rare and complex epilepsies
Istituto Patristico Augustinianum in Rome, Italy
13 - 15 December 2022
Topic: From epileptogenesis to clinical practice
Tuesday, 13 December
Session 1: Understanding Epileptogenesis in Rare Epilepsies: from basic mechanisms to clinical perspectives
- Conceptual definition and mechanisms in the developing brain
- Zebrafish as a model for studying early mechanisms of epileptogenesis
- Preclinical therapeutic strategies to epileptogenesis: Gene therapy approaches
- Clinical therapeutic strategies to epileptogenesis in Tuberous Sclerosis Complex
Session 2: Biomarkers and early diagnostic protocols in epilepsy
- Are there innovative biomarkers, how can basic reasearch may contribute
- Genetic biomarkers
- Imaging biomarkers
- EEG biomarkers
- Integrative biomarker research (i.e.machine learning techniques)
- Lecture : Prediction of seizures
Wednesday, 14 December
Session 3: Precision Medicine
- Precision medicine in epilepsy: where are we now?
- Patient-centered outcome measures in epilepsy
- N-of-1 trials in epilepsy: where do we go?
- Personalized medicine in epilepsy surgery: HFO and how to tailor resections
- Personalized surgery using multimodal modelling
Session 4: Early assessment of gene variants and implication for management in rare epilepsies
- Early detection of gene variants
- Assessment of gene variant effect
- Lessons learned and gaps in clinical trials for Developmental Epileptic Encephalopathies
- Innovative clinical trial designs for Developmental Epileptic Encephalopathies
Session 5: Patient representatives
- How registries from patients associations can help research?
- How can patient advocates support actions for better heltcare pathways
- What the health care providers would expect from ePAGs
Session 6: Seizures in cluster and status epilepticus
- Is it a cluster? Is it a status? A continuum or two distinct conditions? A clinical point of view
- Seizures clusters in DEEs: a common emergency
- From seizures clusters to status: a continuum or two different underlying mechanisms
- From seizures clusters to status: could we extrapolate the therapies?
- EpiCARE Business Session
Thursday, 15 December
Session 7: Innovative findings from early career researchers
Session 8: Therapies on Pipeline for difficult to treat epilepsies
Endorsed by the European Reference Network of Rare and Complex Epilepsies and ERN EpiCARE
Registration discounts are available for EpiCARE members.
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community