Introduction to Neuropsychological Methods in the Diagnosis and Treatment of People with Epilepsy
18 - 22 September 2019
Course Directors: Sallie Baxendale, (UK) Gus Baker (UK), Sarah Wilson (Australia), Severine Samson (France)
The first ILAE Introduction to Neuropsychological Methods in the Diagnosis and Treatment of People with Epilepsy is primarily targeted at psychologists, neuropsychologists and neurologists interested in developing a neuropsychological service for their patients with epilepsy.
- Introduction to psychometrics and test selection for the neuropsychological assessment of people with epilepsy
- Understanding the factors that influence neuropsychological test performance and the interpretation of a neuropsychological test results in people with epilepsy
- An introduction to the common diagnostic methods used in the diagnosis and treatment of people with epilepsy (EEG, Semiology, MRI) and the ways in which information from these investigations shape the interpretation of neuropsychological findings
- Applying the results of a neuropsychological assessment to the treatment of people with epilepsy
- Neuropsychological rehabilitation in people with epilepsy
- The course is based on formal lectures, video presentations and case-based discussions, with cases presented by the faculty and the attendees. It will be taught in English and a basic level of proficiency in English will be expected of all attendees, although the speed of delivery of content will be adjusted to account for the fact that English will be a second language for the majority of attendees.
- The Course will be limited to a maximum of 40 applicants to allow an optimal level of interaction with the faculty. Applicants will be selected on the basis of their CVs and consideration will be given to ensure participation of clinicians from different geographical origins and disciplines. The Course is supported by the International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE).
We are in the process of applying for financial assistance and some fellowships covering registration (not travel) may be available. For further information, please contact Sallie Baxendale (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Registration fee: $250 USD
- The registration fee includes
- All teaching and small group activities
- Lunch and coffee breaks for the 5 day duration of the course
- Course syllabus and slides
- The registration fee does not include accommodation, but reduced rates have been negotiated with the conference hotel. Details will be included in the registration pack.
Please send your CV to Sallie Baxendale (email@example.com).
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community