Summer School on Imaging in Epilepsy, Epilepsy Surgery, Epilepsy Research, and Cognitive Neurosciences (SuSIE 2020)
16 - 17 September 2020
Structural and functional neuroimaging significantly gained importance in diagnosis and treatment of patients with epilepsy over the last decade. Modern epileptology and epilepsy surgery are unthinkable without imaging. Furthermore, many lines of research in clinical epilepsy and cognitive neurosciences rely on neuroimaging methods.
Since 2015, the Summer School on Imaging in Epilepsy (SuSIE) has offered state-of-the-art lectures and hands-on training on:
- Finding Epileptogenic Lesions (Visual MRI Analysis and MRI Postprocessing)
- Functional Imaging (PET, SPECT, fMRI, Connectivity Analysis, EEG/MEG Source Analysis)
- Language lateralization and localization
- Decision Making in Pediatric and Adult Epilepsy Surgery after non-invasive and invasive presurgical work-up SEEG planning and interpretation
In addition, the SuSIE is a place of intense communication, networking and exchange of experience between beginners and experienced colleagues from all over the world. In 2019, we had participants from 25 countries in 5 continents.
However, due to the current COVID-situation, the SuSIE 2020 has to move to an online format with a reduced program. Our highly appreciated clinical hands-on workshops have to be postponed to 2021 (September 15th to 17th). Yet, you can participate in our
SuSIE Online Lecture Day on Wednesday, September 16th, 2020 from 9:00 to 17:30 h Central European Summer Time (CEST). See program and schedule on the SuSIE website.
Schedule (See website for details)
SuSIE Online Lecture Day
Wednesday, September 16th, 2020 from 9:00 to 17:30 h Central European Summer Time (CEST).
SuSIE Online Key-Note Lectures
Thursday, September 17th, 2020:
- From 19:00 – 20:00 h CEST Prof. Alexander Radbruch, Director of the Institute of Neuroradiology, University Hospital Bonn, will talk about “How AI changes everything in radiology!?”
- From 20:00 – 21:00 h CEST Prof. Helen Cross, Chair of Childhood Epilepsy and Head of the Developmental Neuroscience Programme at UCL-Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health, and newly elected President of the ILAE, is going to present a talk on “The earlier – the better? Epilepsy Surgery in Children”.
You are cordially invited to participate!
Some technical details of the SuSIE Online Lecture Day and the Online Key-Note Lectures are still under consideration. We expect that by June 2020, you will be able to register for both events via our registration page. You can already drop your e-mail-address there and we will inform you as soon as registration opens.
Please check out the Annual Meeting on Imaging in Epilepsy, Epilepsy Surgery, Epilepsy Research and Cognitive Neurosciences (AMIE 2020), our Neurotech Meeting, Conference and Fair. We organize for you the AMIE Online Exhibition as well as AMIE Scientific Video Confereces: www.amie.academy.
Companies who wish to support the SuSIE by an educational grant please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The AMIE & SuSIE Board
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community