Handbook of ICU EEG Monitoring
Suzette LaRoche, MD
Demos Medical Publishing
Length: 338 pp
Cost: $60 US
The emerging technology of continuous EEG monitoring in intensive care units gives practitioners the ability to identify malignant EEG patterns quickly and provide more effective care. Handbook of ICU EEG Monitoring encompasses the wide range of technical and clinical issues involved in the successful monitoring of critically ill patients to detect significant changes in cerebral function and prevent serious neuronal injury. Divided into five sections, the handbook covers EEG acquisition and other technical considerations, clinical indications, EEG interpretation, appropriate treatment, and practical and administrative concerns.
The book addresses the often overlooked subjects of billing, coding, and generating reports to facilitate communication across the entire ICU team. Written by leading experts in this rapidly evolving field, the chapters are brief and formatted for maximum utility with bulleted text, pearls, and take-home points to reinforce key information. High-quality examples of routine and quantitative EEG findings help users hone their interpretive understanding and build skills for detecting clinically significant EEG changes in the ICU.
Handbook of ICU EEG Monitoring Features:
- Broad but practical reference covering all aspects of ICU EEG monitoring
- Thorough discussion of the indications for ICU EEG monitoring and prevalence of seizures in patient subgroups
- Focus on the challenges of EEG interpretation that are unique to EEG monitoring in the ICU
- Pearls and take-home points highlighted in every chapter
- Includes hard-to-find information on technical aspects, indications, billing and coding, and other administrative and procedural concerns
Handbook of ICU EEG Monitoring is the first practical but comprehensive resource dedicated to the art and science of EEG monitoring in the ICU. Neurologists, neurointensivists, neurosurgeons, nursing staff, EEG technologists, and anyone caring for critically patients will find pertinent and pivotal information to inform their practice.
Views: 4554 Last Updated: June 14, 2018
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community