Chapter Name: ASSOCIATION AGAINST EPILEPSY IN KOSOVO
Report By: Valbona Govori, President
Summary of Activities:
- We organized activities for European Epilepsy Day (13 February 2017, 11, February 2018)
- The main activity during 2017 was organization of Seminar with International participation in collaboration with Kosovo Association of Neurology : Comprehensive approach to epilepsy, which took place in Prishtina 13 September 2017. It has been an honor to have Professor Meir Bialer among us, and his participation was highly valued by participants.
- The main activity during the term 2018 was organization of 3rd Epilepsy Symposium which took place in Prishtina 4th Aprill 2018. It was held with 100 participants which they have opportunity to hear lectures given by the leading experts from Albania , Croatia, Macedonia.
- We also came up with a video sensibilities, with message living with epilepsy which was launched in three local media.
- Professional meeting, 10th September 2018 in the Department of Neurology –University Clinical Center of Kosovo , with residents, presenting case report regarding to epilepsy.
- We had professional meeting with GP Doctors , Primary Healthcare Workers, 11th February 2018
with topic Epilepsy: diagnosis and management in primary care.
The Association still provides talks with healthcare professionals on epilepsy, also with patients and their families member.
Our plans are to promote epilepsy awareness and strength of our collaboration with Ministry of Health. Guideline of diagnosis and treatment of epilepsy where we still are waiting for answer from Ministry of Health.
Creating data base of newly diagnosed patients with epilepsy.
Officer Election Date: 20th November
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community