Chapter Name: Norwegian League Against Epilepsy
Report By: Cecilie Johannessen Landmark, PhD, Professor, Vice President; and Erik Sætre, MD, PhD, President
Summary of Activities:
Members of the board
- The board from 2017 to 2018 (academic year) was constituted at the annual meeting and included: President Oliver Henning; Vice President: Cecilie Landmark Johannessen; Secretary: Anne-Karin Hagen; Treasurer: Marte Bjørk, and web-manager: Silje Alvestad.
- Other members: Thorsten Gerstner; Ann- Kathrin S. Munkeby; Sigrid Svalheim; Bjørnar Hassel; Tine Pape; Christian Samsonsen.
- The board was balanced between gender, background, and geographically to various health regions and university hospitals.
The Annual meeting 2018
- About 100 delegates participated at the annual meeting in Trondheim, May 2018. There was a broad programme with plenary lectures, specialized topics, inter-disciplinary approaches and regional distribution. Invited guest lecturer was Professor Marco Mula, UK. A new part from 2017 of the programme was open presentations, for young scientists to present their ongoing research. 10 abstracts had been submitted and presented, a winner was rewarded, and three were given reimbursement for the next meeting. The meeting was ended by the annual formal meeting and information from the Norwegian Epilepsy Association, the patients’ association. The social programme included an evening tour to the nearby old monastery on an island, and a tour around the arch bishop’s castle nearby the famous cathedral Nidarosdomen.
The Annual Neurological days 2018
- This week is organised by the Norwegian Neurological Association in mid-March, with 1-2 days including a programme related to epilepsy. In addition, an evening symposium was arranged on differential diagnostics and semiology of epileptic seizures.
Collaboration and networking
Our chapter has collaboration with the other Scandinavian chapters of ILAE regarding the translation of the new seizure classification during spring 2017. The Norwegian translation resulted in to publications in the Norwegian Journal of the Medical Association, by Oliver Henning et al. during autumn 2017.
The International Epilepsy Day 12.02.2018
- This event was marked by an arrangement in collaboration with the Norwegian Epilepsy Association (Patients’ organization), where central persons from around the country and patients and their representatives gathered to debate on challenges regarding information and spreading information to all groups, and how these challenges may be overcome.
- Cecilie Johannessen Landmark represented the Norwegian chapter at the ILAE-meeting at the Interntional epilepsy congress in Barcelona in September.
- The annual report was presented at the annual meeting.
- Three board meetings have taken place during this period.
Officer Election Date: n/a
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community