Chapter Name: Norwegian League Against Epilepsy
Report By: Cecilie Johannessen Landmark, vice president
No publications with our chapter affiliation
Summary of Activities:
Members of the board
- The board from 2019 to 2020 (academic year) was constituted at the annual meeting and included: President Erik Sætre; Vice President: Cecilie Landmark Johannessen; Secretary: Lina Dose; Treasurer: Konstantin Kostov, and web-manager: Thorsten Gerstner: Sigrid Svalheim.
- Other members: Guttorm Eldøen; Bjørnar Hassel; Christian Samsonsen; Nina S. Nynæs; Tom Eichele. The board was balanced between gender, background, and geographically to various health regions and university hospitals.
The Annual meeting 2019
- About 100 delegates participated at the annual meeting in Molde, May 2019. There was a broad programme with plenary lectures, specialized topics, inter-disciplinary approaches and regional distribution. Also open research presentations for young scientists was an option to present their ongoing research, where three abstracts had been submitted and presented, a winner was rewarded. The meeting was ended by the annual formal meeting and information from the Norwegian Epilepsy Association, the patients’ association. The social programme included the regional jazz festival with several cultural presentations.
The Annual meeting 2020
- Was planned in Bergen in June 2020, in collaboration with a symposium on status epilepticus. During 2020, the activities were, however, postponed due to the covid-pandemic.
The Annual Neurology days 2019
- This week is organised by the Norwegian Neurological Association in mid-March, with 1-2 days including a programme related to epilepsy. In addition, an evening symposium was arranged on differential diagnostics and semiology of epileptic seizures.
Collaboration and networking
- In 2019, the Norwegian chapter was involved in an international Status epilepticus seminar to be held in 2020. From 2020, we have been a part of a new Norwegian collaboration called Epilepsy Net, for improved network and collaborations regarding treatment, patient oragnizations and research. During 2020, activities were postponed due to the covid-pandemic.
- The annual report was presented at the annual meeting.
- Three board meetings have taken place during this period.
Cecilie Johannessen Landmark, PhD, Professor Erik Sætre, MD, PhD
Vice president Current President
The covid pandemic in 2020 postponed all activities and planning
A digital annual short meeting during the first part of 2021. Planning of more activities and networking.
Officer Election Date: 01.06.2022
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community