Chapter Name: Ukrainian League Against Epilepsy
Report By: Andriy Dubenko
- Antonenko S., Stoyanov A., Gryshchenko G., Skorobrekha V., Kaptalan A. Post-Traumatic Mechanisms of Epileptogenesis // UZHMBS 2020, 5 (6): 9–16
- Antonenko S. Main mechanisms and features of epileptogenesis of post-traumatic epilepsy. Journal of Education, Health and Sport. 2019; 9 (10): 346-357.
- Antonenko S. Influence of magnesium on excitability of neurons of different levels of their organization. Journal of Education, Health and Sport. 2019; 9 (11): 314-322.
- Dubenko A. Differential diagnosis of epileptic seizures and parasomnia in patients with verified epilepsy with nocturnal paroxysmal events on the analysis of 2 clinical cases // Abstracts of 13th World Congress on Con-troversies in Neurology (CONy), 2019, p 65.
- Dubenko A., Muratova T., Babkina Y. The possibility of repeated courses of transcranial magnetic stimulation in patients with pharmacoresistance epilepsy // 2019 EAN European Journal of Neurology 26 (Suppl. 1) P 412
- Dubenko A., Smolanka V., Sazonov S., Oros M., Statistical portrait of an adult patient with epilepsy // Ukrainian Bulletin of Psychoneurology, Volume 27, Issue 4 (101), 2019 P. 10-15
- Dubenko A., Epilepsy in elderly patients // NeuroNEWS № 1 DISEASES OF THE ELDERLY AND OLD AGE, 2020 P. 26-32
- Dubenko A., Muratova T., Babkina Y., Results of TMS using in patients with pharmacoresistant epilepsy which using levetiracetam // 2020 EAN European Journal of Neurology 27 (Suppl. 1) P 322
- Dubenko A., Sazonov S., Kutikov D., Kutikov O., Kolesnik T. Some pharmacoeconomic aspects of epilepsy in adults // CLINICAL PHARMACY. - 2020. - T. 24, № 3 S. 30 - 38
- Dubenko A., Sazonov S., Mostova O., Oros M. Babkina Y., Grabar V., Kolesnik T. Using of antiepileptic drugs for epilepsy treatment of adult patients in Ukraine according to electronic register`s data // African and Middle East Epilepsy Journal Volume 9, Number 3, May -June 2020 P. 4 - 8
- Dubenko A. Formulation of the diagnosis of "epilepsy". Start treatment. The first monotherapy // International Neurological Journal Vol.16. №5 (93) 2020, p. 106 - 113
- Dubenko A, Dubenko E., Kovalenko D., Vasilyeva O., Clinical classification of transformations of focal epileptic seizures in adult patients in the paradigm of the new classification of seizures types proposed ILAE // Abstracts of 13th World Congress on Con-troversies in Neurology (CONy), 2019, p 45
- Dubenko A., Naboka M., Psychogenic non-epileptic states (PNES) - a multidisciplinary problem // Ukrainian Medical Journal 6 (1) (140) - XI / XII 2020 P.2 - 6.
- Grimailo V., Litovchenko T., Markova T., Novikova A., Romanenko A./ Ukrainian Journal of Medicine, Biology and Sports: Ukr. scientific-practical Journal ..- Mykolaiv 2019 Vol.4 №1 (17) Electrocardiography and ultrasound diagnostics in the examination of patients with epilepsy and cardiovascular pathology. - C. 96-102.
- Kotiuchyi I, Pernice R, Popov A, Faes L, Kharytonov V. A Framework to Assess the Information Dynamics of Source EEG Activity and Its Application to Epileptic Brain Networks. Brain Sci. 2020 Sep 22;10(9):657
- Kotiuchyi I., Seleznov I., Faes L., Pernice R., Kharytonov V., Popov A., Pre-and post-ictal brain activity characterization using combined source decomposition and connectivity estimation in epileptic children 2019 Signal Processing Symposium (SPSympo), 126-129
- Kharytonov V., Dulac O., Are Epileptic Spasms a seizure type for the insular region?/ Neuropediatrics 51(04), 295-297 2020
- Litovchenko T., Bilchenko O., Malakhov V., Dubenko O., Suchonosova O., Bokatueva V., Markova M. Analysis of the role of viral encephalitis in the development of epileptic seizures and epilepsy // Scientific Journal “ScienceRise : Medical Science ”, 2020, №6 (39). - P. 4-9 24. Litovchenko TA Differential diagnosis of epilepsy and movement disorders. // Ukrainian Medical Journal, 2020, 1 (135), Tu 1 - I / II - P. 31-35.
- Litovchenko T., Sukhonosova O., Korenev S. Features of the use of lamotrigine in the modern treatment of epilepsy. // International Journal of Neurology. 2020, Volume 16, №1 - P. 75-82
- Litovchenko T., Pasyura I., Cerebrovascular diseases and dementias: modern views on the diagnosis and treatment of symptomatic epilepsy in the elderly. // International Journal of Neurology. 2020, Volume 16, №3 - P. 69-79
- Litovchenko T., Tondiy O., Markova M./ Neuroprotection in the remote period of mild closed traumatic brain injury - real opportunities // Medical newspaper "Health of Ukraine". - 2019 №3 (50) -S.
- Litovchenko T., Grymailo V., Tondiy O., Florikian V., Zavalna O., Voitiuk A.,/ The peculiarities of the heart rate variability and electroencephalogram changes in patients with epilepsy and cardiovascular pathology // Wiadomości Lekarskie.- Year 2019. - Volume 72 / Issue 2. - P. 165-168. SCOPUS
- Litovchenko T., Markov M., Epilepsy in the elderly and symptomatic epilepsy: a synopsis for the doctor // Neurology NeuroNews Review. 2020
- Litovchenko T., Yevtushenko S., "Antiphospholipid syndrome and its relationship with cerebral palsy in children // International Journal of Neurology. 2019, №8 (110) - P.95-96
- Litovchenko T., Yevtushenko S., Identification of genetically determined nonmaline myopathy in a boy // International Journal of Neurology. 2019, №8 (110) - P.106-107
- Maryenko L., Kunta O., Maryenko K The problem of health care management for patients with epilepsy in the transition from childhood / adolescence to adulthood. Ukrainian Bulletin of Psychoneurology.-2019.-Vol.27.-Issue 3 (100) .- P. 80-83.
- Maryenko L., Maryenko K. Sudden sudden death in epilepsy: a review of the literature and own observations. Zaporozhye Medical Journal.-2019.-T.21.-№6 (117) .- P.843-852.
- Marienko L. Abolition of antiepileptic therapy - benefits, risks, feasibility and safety. Ukrainian medical journal.-2020.- №3 (137) .- P.53-57.
- Maryenko L. Epilepsy in questions and answers. A guide for patients with epilepsy and family members. 4th edition, revised and supplemented. Lviv-Kyiv, ASINO.-2020.-32p.
- Maryenko L. Diary of the patient. 3rd edition, revised and supplemented. Lviv-Kyiv.-ASINO. -2020.- 20 p
- Mushegyan M., Litovchenko T., Voytiuk A./ Evaluation of clinical indicators of patients with symptomatic vascular epilepsy with chronic cerebrovascular disorders. International Journal of Neurology. - Year 2019. - Volume 106, Issue 4. - P. 26-32. DOI: 10.22141 / 2224-07126.96.36.1999.174048
- Mushegyan M., Litovchenko T., Bokatueva V./ The results of evaluation of clinical and psychopathological changes in patients with symptomatic "vascular" epilepsy in chronic cerebrovascular disorders // Ukrainian Journal of Medicine, Biology and Sports - 2019. Volume 4, №4 (20) -P.100-103.
- Mushehian M., Litovchenko T. Changes in cerebral hemodynamics and bioelectric activity as a predictor of epileptic seizures // Norvegian Journal of development of the international Sciense 2020, №48. - P.19-25
- Mushehian M., Litovchenko T. Analysis of peculiarities of epileptic seizures and structural damages of brain in patients with ischemic stroke // “Science Rise” 2020, No.5 (70) - P.46-53
- Pernice R., Kotiuchyi I., Popov A., Kharytonov V., Busacca A., Marinazzo D., Faes L., Synergistic and Redundant Brain-Heart Information in Patients with Focal Epilepsy, 2020 11th Conference of the European Study Group on Cardiovascular Oscillations (ESGCO), Pisa, Italy, 2020, pp. 1-2
- Pernice R., Faes L., Kotiuchyi I., Stivala S., Busacca B., Popov A., Kharytonov V./Time, frequency and information domain analysis of short-term heart rate variability before and after focal and generalized seizures in epileptic children /Physiological Measurement 40 (7), 074003, 2019
- Popov A., Faes L., Kotiuchyi R., Pernice R., and Kharytonov V., Entropy characteristics of heart rate wavelet multiscale components in epileptic children before and after seizures, 2020 11th Conference of the European Study Group on Cardiovascular Oscillations (ESGCO), Pisa, Italy, 2020
- Stamberger H, Hammer TB, Gardella E, Vlaskamp DRM, Bertelsen B, Mandelstam S, de Lange I, Zhang J, Myers CT, Fenger C, Afawi Z, Almanza Fuerte EP, Andrade DM, Balcik Y, Ben Zeev B, Bennett MF, Berkovic SF, Isidor B, Bouman A, Brilstra E, Busk ØL, Cairns A, Caumes R, Chatron N, Dale RC, de Geus C, Edery P, Gill D, Granild-Jensen JB, Gunderson L, Gunning B, Heimer G, Helle JR, Hildebrand MS, Hollingsworth G, Kharytonov V, Klee EW, Koeleman BPC, Koolen DA, Korff C, Küry S, Lesca G, Lev D, Leventer RJ, Mackay MT, Macke EL, McEntagart M, Mohammad SS, Monin P, Montomoli M, Morava E, Moutton S, Muir AM, Parrini E, Procopis P, Ranza E, Reed L, Reif PS, Rosenow F, Rossi M, Sadleir LG, Sadoway T, Schelhaas HJ, Schneider AL, Shah K, Shalev R, Sisodiya SM, Smol T, Stumpel CTRM, Stuurman K, Symonds JD, Mau-Them FT, Verbeek N, Verhoeven JS, Wallace G, Yosovich K, Zarate YA, Zerem A, Zuberi SM, Guerrini R, Mefford HC, Patel C, Zhang YH, Møller RS, Scheffer IE. NEXMIF encephalopathy: an X-linked disorder with male and female phenotypic patterns. Genet Med. 2020 Nov 4.
- Seleznov I., Kotiuchyi I.,Popov A., Nakata A., Kharytonov V., Kaneko M., Kiyono K./ Multiscale detrended cross-correlation of EEG and RR intervals during focal epilepsy, 2020 Signal Processing Workshop (SPW), Warsaw, Poland, 2020, pp. 1-5
- Smirnov Y., PopovA., Kharytonov V., Heart Rate Variability Analysis for Epileptic Seizures Onset Detection/2019 Signal Processing Symposium (SPSympo), 185-188
- Studenyak T., Smolanka V., Smolanka A., The course of epileptic seizures in patients with supratentorial meningiomas of the brain // Scientific Journal «Science RISE: Medical Science» - 2019. - № 4 (31). - P. 24 - 29.
- Studenyak T., The effect of the presence of epileptic seizures on the clinical duration of supratentorial brain meningiomas / T.O. Studeniak, VI Smolanka, OI Borovik // Wiadomości Lekarskie - 2020. tom LXXIII, (3). - P. 541 - 545. DOI: 10.36740 / WLek202003126
- Trinka E., Rocamora R., Chaves J., et al. Long-term efficacy and safety of eslicarbazepine acetate monotherapy for adults with newly diagnosed focal epilepsy: An open-label extension study (Dubenko A. in research group) // Epilepsia. 2020 Oct; 61 (10): 2129–2141
- Trinka E., Rocamora R., Chaves J., Meriera J., Ikedo F., Soares-da-Silva P., the BIA-2093-311 / EXT Investigators Study Group (… T. Litovchenko et al.) Long-term efficacy and safety of eslicarbezepine acetate monotherapy for adults with newly diagnosed focal epilepsy. An open label extension study. // Epilepsia 2020: vol. 61. - P. 2129-2141. (SCOPUS)
- Voitiuk A., Litovchenko T. Assessment of the quality of life of young men suffering from epilepsy. International Journal of Current Innovation Research. - Year 2019. - Volume 5 / Issue 01 (A). - C. 1438-1439.-DOI: 10.24327 / IJCIR
- Voitiuk A., Litovchenko T. Comparative Analysis of Epidemiological Indicators of the Prevalence and Incidence of Epilepsy among Young Men on the Example of Kharkiv and Transcarpathian Regions in Ukraine. Archives in Neurology and Neuroscience. - Year 2019. - Volume 3 / Issue 3. - P. 1-3. - DOI: 10.33552 / ANN.2019.000561
- Voitiuk A., Litovchenko T. The problem of cognitive impairments in young men with epilepsy. Annals of Medical & Surgical Case Reports, volume 2019, issue 03, pp. 1-6.
- Voitiuk A., Litovchenko T. Epilepsy in young men: an assessment of their quality of life. Ecronicon Psychology and Psychiatry, volume 8, issue 4, pp. 259-262.2019.
- Voitiuk A., Litovchenko T. Sleep disorders in epilepsy. Ecronicon Psychology and Psychiatry, volume 8, issue 2, pp. 101-103.2019.
- Zelano J., Klecki J., Christensen J., Tomson T., Malmgren K., The provision of epilepsy care across Europe 2017: A 17‐year follow‐up survey, ..Epilepsia Open 4 (1), 144-152, 2019
ILAE documents in original and Ukrainian translation
- ILAE documents in original and Ukrainian translation: A practical clinical definition of epilepsy (Fischer et al 2014
- ILAE documents in original and Ukrainian translation: Operational classification of seizure types by the ILAE (Fischer et al 2017
- ILAE documents in original and Ukrainian translation: Instruction manual for the ILAE 2017 operational classification of seizure types
- ILAE documents in original and Ukrainian translation: ILAE classification of the epilepsies (Scheffer et al 2017
- ILAE documents in original and Ukrainian translation: A definition and classification of status epilepticus (Trinka et al 2015
- ILAE documents in original and Ukrainian translation: Recommendations for the use of structural magnetic resonance imaging in the care of patients with epilepsy: A consensus report from the International League Against Epilepsy Neuroimaging
- ILAE documents in original and Ukrainian translation: Minimum requirements for the diagnosis of psychogenic nonepileptic seizures: A staged approach A report from the International League Against Epilepsy Nonepileptic Seizures Task Force
Summary of Activities:
- Educational course EEG & Epilepsy, ILAE Endorsed, March, 1-2, 2019, Kyiv (offline; 2 days; 8 reports; 100 participants; international participation)
- XXIII Scientific-practical conference of ULAE with international participation«Actual Issues in Terms of Pathomorphosis of Epilepsy» MAY 16-18, 2019. Odesa (offline; 3 days; 45 reports; 300 participants; international participation)
- XXIV ULAE conference with international participation "25 years of the Ukrainian League Against Epilepsy - achievements of domestic epileptology. October 29-31. 2020.Vinnytsia - Kyiv – Kharkiv. (online/offline; 3 days; 35 reports; 658 participants; international participation)
- Webinar "Epilepsy in the Elderly" 21.04.2020 (online; 2 hours; 2 reports; 726 participants)
- Webinar "Treatment of Epilepsy after Surgery" 5.05.2020 (online; 2,5 hours; 3 reports; 874 participants)
- Webinar "Features of Management of Patients in a COVID-19 Pandemic" 12.05.2020 (online; 2,5 hours; 2 reports; 424 participants)
- Webinar "Psychiatric Aspects of Epilepsy" 19.05.2020 (online; 2,5 hours; 2 reports; 627 participants)
- Webinar "Epilepsy in Women" 2.06.2020(online; 2,5 hours; 2 reports; 546 participants)
- Webinar "The First Seizure, what to do" 16.06.2020(online; 2,5 hours; 2 reports; 647 participants)
- Webinar "New Molecule of AED (Zonisamide) in Ukraine" 23.06.2020(online; 2,5 hours; 2 reports; 658 participants)
- Webinar "Epilepsy in Childhood and Adolescents" 30.06.2020(online; 2,5 hours; 2 reports; 540 participants)
- Webinar "EEG and MRI in the Diagnosis of Epilepsy and the Choice of Managements Tactics" 7.07.2020(online; 2,5 hours; 2 reports; 641 participants)
- Webinar "Possibilities of surgical treatment of pharmaco-resistant Epilepsy" 15.09.2020(online; 3 hours; 4 reports; 212 participants)
- Webinar "Possibilities of laboratory diagnosis of epilepsy" 20.10.2020(online; 2 hours; 2 reports; 376 participants)
- Webinar "Sleeping disorders and epilepsy - differential diagnosis and comorbidity" 10.11.2020(online; 2 hours; 2 reports; 597 participants)
- Webinar "Mental disorders in children with epilepsy" 24.11.2020(online; 2 hours; 2 reports; 597 participants)
- Webinar "Clinical picture of epileptic seizures in children (video presentation)" 22.12.2020 (online; 2 hours; 2 reports; 410 participants)
- Started together work with EpiNet group in May, 2020
- Webinar "Clinical picture of epileptic seizures in adults (with video presentation)" 19.01.2021 (online)
- Webinar "Infectious lesions of the nervous system and epilepsy in children and adults" 2.02.2021 (online)
- Webinar "Nonepileptic seizures in patients with epilepsy. The view of a neurologist and psychiatrist" 16.02.2021 (online)
- Webinar "Drug-resistant epilepsy" 2021 (online)
- Webinar "Epilepsy in focal cortical dysplasia" 2021(online)
- Webinar "Evaluation of the effectiveness of treatment, remission in epilepsy, cancellation of AED, resolution of epilepsy" 2021(online)
- XXV ULAE conferences with international participation "Evolution of the epilepsy from birth to elderly". April 22-24, 2021. Uzhgorod (offline/online)
- Webinar"Definition, classification, diagnosis and treatment of status epilepticus" 2021 (online)
- Webinar"Development of possibilities of surgical treatment of epilepsy in Ukraine" 2021 (online)
- Webinar"Simulators of epileptic seizures with video presentation" 2021 (online)
- Webinar"Hormonal and metabolic disorders in epilepsy in men" 2021 (online)
- Webinar"Epilepsy and depression" 2021(online)
- Webinar"Epileptic psychoses" 2021 (online)
- Webinar"Epileptic seizures in infants (or the first year of life) with a video presentation (Use information "the new classification of neonatal seizures")" 2021 (online)
- Webinar"Compliance of patients with epilepsy and objective and subjective reasons patients' reluctance to treatment" 2021 (online)
- Webinar"Epileptic encephalopathies of early childhood" 2021 (online)
- Webinar"The role of EEG in the diagnosis of epilepsy, assessment of treatment quality, determination of therapeutic tactics" (online) 2021
- Webinar"Epilepsy in mesial temporal sclerosis" (online) 2021
- Educational course EEG&MRI,ILAE course, Kyiv, Ukraine, 2021/2022 (offline, postponed)
- 10th Migrating Course on Epilepsy, ILAEcourse, Lviv, Ukraine, 2021/2022 (offline postponed)
- Continue with translation ILAE documents into Ukrainian
Within XXV ULAE conferences with international participation "Evolution of the epilepsy from birth to elderly", April 22-24, 2021, Uzhgorod planned in combine format offline/online. Otherwise in case situation will not allow us to hold offline part of the meeting – election will be hold online later in 2021
Officer Election Date: 2021
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community