Chapter Spotlight: Bangladesh
The Bangladesh Epilepsy Foundation is small, with approximately 40 members, but despite its size, it is very active.
To ensure better life for an epileptic patient and their care givers.
- To increase Awareness
- To Promote Public Health
- To Ensure Treatment
- To increase Social Acceptability
- To Ensure Education and Sports
- To Educate Caregivers about Epilepsy
- To offer Continuing Medical Education for Doctors and Health care givers
- To organize Social Responsibility
World Epilepsy Day 2019
Regular Annual Activities
- Weekly free medical clinic for Epileptic Patient to ensure proper and regular treatment and counseling
- Quarterly Awareness program for General people and patient Caregivers
- Half yearly training program for Caregivers and Health professionals
- Yearly Training program for Physicians from all over the Country
- Two Yearly International Epilepsy Teaching course for Physicians jointly with Asian Epilepsy Academy
Special Activities during 2013-2014
- Public Awareness Program about Epilepsy, July 2013
- Basic Epilepsy Management training program for young graduated Doctors, August 2013
- "Meet Epilepsy" – to share the experience of an Epileptic Patient, September 201
- CME program on present Diagnosis and Management of Epilepsy, January 2014
- CME on Latest Classification criteria of Epilepsy, May 2014
"Life with Epilepsy" – an awareness developing and educating documentary for Local Media.
With the help of Bangladesh Epilepsy Association, the BEF is creating a short documentary film for local media in Bangladesh to develop and increase awareness about Epilepsy.
Submitted by Dr. Muzharul Mannan,
Secretary General, Bangladesh Epilepsy Foundation
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community