Chapter Spotlight: Romania
Epileptology practice, reasearch, and epilepsy teaching have a long tradition in Romania. The Romanian Chapter of ILAE (SRIE) was founded in 1998, and in November 2015 SRIE was revived by its new young and enthusiastic team.
Improve patient care by:
- Promoting a high level of knowledge in epilepsy to all healthcare providers in various aspects of epilepsy (nation-wide education in epilepsy) through our yearly National Epilepsy Conference, The Epilepsy Summer School and other courses, conferences and congresses;
- Organising and /or developing national professional guidelines and protocols based on standards of care
- Supporting other organizations who are involved in caring for those suffering from epilepsy
- Promoting partnership professionals – patients associations and political decision factors
- Promoting national and collaborative international research in epilepsy
- Collaborating with the regional chapters in any area of epilepsy
- Lobbying with governmental agencies for comprehensive care of patients with epilepsy and appropriate legislation
- Raising awareness of epilepsy within the Romanian society by educating the general public in Romania about epilepsy and its management
- Fighting any discrimination against those suffering from epilepsy
2015 SRIE CONFERENCE http://ilae-romania.ro/the-xiii-srie-conference/
- 2014 Est European Course of Epilepsy (Cheile Gradistei Romania) http://youtu.be/v5Z-rMmqaYg
The 2016 SRIE Summer School joint with the 2nd East European Course of Epilepsy will take place in Cheile Gradistei, June 15-17. The course will explore all aspects of the treatment in epilepsy in an interractive manner starting from clinical scenarios. The faculty will gather together keynote international speakers and East European specialists in epilepsy.
The 2016 XXIVth SRIE conference will be organized in Bucharest, November 17-19
- Epilepsy surgery in Romania: https://chirurgiaepilepsiei.ro/
- 28 March 2016. Debate at the Romanian Parliament on Epilepsy (Professionals, Ministry of Health and Deputy Chamber Representatives, Patients organizations, National Drug Agency and National Insurance House representatives) http://politicidesanatate.ro/problemele-pacientilor-cu-epilepsie-dezbatute-de-specialisti-autoritati-si-pacienti/
- ASNER (Romanian Society for Neurophysiology) http://www.asner.org/
- SNR (Romanian Neurological Society) http://www.neurology.ro/
- SRNP (Romanian Pediatric Neurology Society) http://srnp.ro/
- ASPE (Association of patients with epilepsy Romania) http://www.aspe.ro/
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.