1st Rome Debate on Severe Epilepsies and Developmental and Epileptic Encephalopathies
26 May 2022, 14:00 - 20:00 Central European Time
Aims and Rationale:
This is intended to be the first of a series of debates around Severe epilepsies and Developmental and Epileptic Encephalopathies. The aim of these meetings is putting together experts and opinion leaders on specific topics, to put in place research collaborations and discuss about novelties in term of diagnostics, treatment, and management of Severe epilepsies and Developmental and Epileptic Encephalopathies.
These meetings will also have strong didactic value for young epileptologists.
Program of the first debate:
Introduction: why a debate and why Severe epilepsies and Developmental and Epileptic Encephalopathies – P. Curatolo and F. Vigevano
Basic science – Chairs: S. Moshe – M. Walker
- Genetic panel e molecular testing. – M. Trivisano
- Pathophysiology. – S. Hirose
- Cellular and molecular biomarkers. – E. Aronica
- From targets to treatments: insights from animal models – A. Galanopoulou
From bench to bedside – Chairs: H. Cross – R. Caraballo
- From genetic testing to the phenotype: going back on EEG and seizure semiology. – R. Guerrini
- New Antiseizure medications. – S. Auvin
- Personalized medicine where we are: is still far from the real world? – N. Specchio
Round Table – Chairs: H. Cross – A. Arzimanoglou
- What next in Severe epilepsies and Developmental and Epileptic Encephalopathies.
- Do clinical trials are sufficiently designed and what to expect from industries and academy.
(all speakers and chairs)
- The lesson learned, perspectives and plans – N. Specchio
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community