Epileptic Disorders – The Educational E-Journal of the ILAE
About Epileptic Disorders
Epileptic Disorders is the educational E-journal of the International League Against Epilepsy. It publishes articles that are not only concerned with the clinical manifestations of epilepsy, but also all aspects of diagnosis, natural history and management of seizure disorders, including neurophysiological, imaging and other ancillary techniques. A major feature of the E-journal is the publication of accompanying video material. Impact Factor: 1.500
Epileptic Disorders is available only as an online version, published in six issues per year, to ensure regular diffusion of recently published material to serve the global medical community that cares for those affected by epilepsy.
- Editors, Associate Editors, and Editorial Board
- Epileptic Disorders website: Access to all articles published since 1999. Recent articles are available by pay per view or by subscription; older ones have free access.
- Instructions for authors
- Epileptic Disorders Educational Prize
Chapter member discount subscription prices - Subscribe
Online version only:
- Developing Countries: $0.00
- Emerging Countries: $35.00
- Standard: $45.00
- Price list by country
Mission: Create educational links between epileptologists and other health professionals in clinical practice and scientists or physicians in research-based institutions.
Target readership: Physicians and other health professionals involved in the diagnosis, management and care of persons with epilepsy
Target authorship: Experts in any epilepsy-related domain who can provide the reader with manuscripts of outstanding educational value to enhance optimal epilepsy care and research
Types of articles
- Comprehensive didactic seminar articles aimed at the practicing clinician, as well as highly educational review articles summarizing the state of the art for specific topics, aimed at neurologists and child neurologists with an expertise in epilepsy.
- Original articles related to clinical research and practice.
- Video teaching material for clinicians and basic scientists.
- Educational documents to support ILAE Commissions and Task Force reports.
- Highly original case series or case reports, with meaningful significant value for everyday clinical practice (in terms of seizure semiology, treatment, neurophysiology, neuroimaging, and neuropsychology).
- Video material or other multimedia supplementary data (video-EEG; neuroimaging; neuropathology; neurosurgery techniques) available on the web site.neuroimaging; neuropathology; neurosurgery techniques)
- Supplements on educational topics of particular interest to a region or country (including educational material in languages other than English)
Epileptic Disorders is the League's educational E-journal, a forum where colleagues can share their experiences. A principal goal is to translate active research and League recommendations into day-to-day practice such that terms and definitions have real meaning.
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.