- To provide and promote epilepsy education and research with excellence, quality, efficient and humanistic approach for medical and non-medical professionals in Latin America
- To coordinate academic activities among the ILAE Latin America Region chapters
- To improve the health care of people with epilepsy in Latin America
- The Latin American Academy of Epilepsy (Academia Latino Americana de Epilepsia, ALADE), founded on 12 February 2007, in São Paulo Brazil.
- Latin American Summer School on Epilepsy (LASSE).
- Successful Latin American Epilepsy Congresses in Guatemala (2006), Montevideo (2008), Cartagena (2010), Quito (2012).
- Creation of the Epilepsy Surgery Sub-commission.
- Successful Global Campaign regional activities.
- Establishing a Collaborative work with the ILAE North American Commission.
- Epilepsy Strategic Plan For The Americas, Collaborative work with PAHO, November 2012.
Recommendations for future work:
- Continuous support to the Latin American Epilepsy Academy (ALADE) and the regional educational activities.
- LASSE as an important educational activity.
- Improve basic and epidemiological research.
- Improve the epilepsy care in Latin America.
Prof. Marco T. Medina, Dr Manuel Campos (Chair), Dr. Patricia Braga, Dr Eduardo Barragan, Dr Franz Chaves-Sell, Dr Alejandro Scaramelli, Dr Beatriz Gonzalez, Dr Salvador Gonzalez, Dr Silvia Kochen
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.