34th International Epilepsy Congress
On-Demand Virtual Congress
28 August - 1 September 2021
IEC 2021 is now On-demand!
The on-demand content will be available to registered delegates after the congress until 27 October 2021. On-demand recordings allow you to attend sessions at your own convenience and can be accessed from the congress platform. If you have not yet registered, you can still do so now and receive access to on-demand content – scroll down and click Register Here.
Certificate of attendance
In accordance with the policy of the UEMS for CME accreditation, certificates of attendance will only be available when delegates complete the evaluation form after the congress.
Certificates will be issued via the registration system. Please log in to your registration account to access the congress evaluation form and obtain your certificate.
The IEC is the most important biennial international event for the epilepsy community to share knowledge, skills and experience in order to provide better care for patients all around the world.
Both the ILAE and the IBE have a mission to bring epilepsy education to the broadest audience. By reducing the registration fees for the IEC 2021, we hope that more colleagues from around the world will be able to attend.
Please read the information below before registering. All fees are based on the World Bank Country and Lending Group Country Classifications as of 15 April 2021.
- Individual delegates who can show proof of purchase of their AOEC 2021 registration by 13 June 2021 and wish to register for the same registration category for the IEC 2021, are eligible to receive a 35% discount on their IEC 2021 registration. If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please follow these steps:
- Open your IEC 2021 registration
- Ensure your IEC registration category matches that of your AOEC receipt (e.g. if you registered as Physician Non-Member from a High Income Economy for the AOEC, you must register for that same category for the IEC).
- Select ‘Bank Transfer’ when you reach the payment stage.
- Complete your registration.
- Email email@example.com with both your IEC 2021 invoice and your AOEC 2021 receipt, advising you would like to avail of the discount.
- We will adjust your invoice accordingly and you can then make your payment and complete your registration.
- To use the online registration system, each user must first create a user account.
- A personal address (Institution/Company or private) and email address for each delegate must be provided during the registration process.
- Multiple registrations with the same email address will not be accepted by the system.
- Agencies registering delegates on behalf of any member of industry will be requested to provide the name and country of the sponsoring company.
- Please ensure the billing details are entered correctly as invoices cannot be changed later.
- Invoices must created by you in your user account which you can then download; a copy will also be automatically emailed to you.
- The following payments are accepted through the online registration system:
- credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, Diner’s Club and EnRoute)
- bank transfer, details for which you will find on your invoice
- Confirmation of registration and invitation letters will be available to download in your user account after payment and supporting documentation (if applicable) have been received. Please allow three working days for credit card payments and five working days for bank transfers.
Determining which country to select
If you are registering for a fee which is lower than your country of residence, there is an additional piece of documentation that you must upload along with your passport. You will be asked to provide proof of current residence, employment or education in the country associated with the fee for which you are registering.
Example: You are a High-Income Economy passport-holder working in an Upper-Middle-Income Economy and registering for the Upper-Middle-Income Economy fee. You will provide
- a copy of your High-Income Economy passport as well as
- proof of current residence, current employment or current education in the Upper-Middle-Income Economy.
This request also applies to universities and hospitals who are registering delegates from economies belonging to income categories lower than that of the hospital or university.
Example: Your hospital is located in an Upper-Middle-Income Economy and you are registering a delegate who is from a Lower-Middle-Income Economy. You will provide
- a copy of their passport as well as
- proof of their current residence, current employment or current education in that Lower-Middle-Income Economy.
Groups, pharmaceutical companies, commercial entities or sponsors may not purchase: member/non-member Physician, member/non-member Scientist, member/non-member AHP, member/non-member Patient Advocate, Trainee, Student.
Member Discount is applicable to members of ILAE and IBE Chapters. In order to avail of the discount, the Chapter must have provided member details to the ILAE or IBE and must be up to date with Chapter dues. If the ILAE Secretariat cannot verify the membership status, then the discount cannot be given. The member discount is not available to groups, pharmaceutical companies, commercial entities or sponsored registrations.
The ILAE uses the World Bank list of economies as of 15 April 2021 to categorise the fees above. Individuals living and working in low, low middle and upper middle countries must provide proof of nationality for that country or proof of employment in that country. This can be uploaded in your user account when registering. This also applies to those purchasing registrations on behalf of others. Registration for one day or by session is not possible.
- In order to comply with security and insurance regulations, personal postal and email addresses are required for each delegate. Registrations submitted without these details will not be processed. One email address or one postal address for multiple delegates will not be accepted by the system.
- Agencies registering delegates on behalf of industry will be requested to provide the name and country of that sponsoring company. This information will be used for reporting and statistical purposes.
- As the main contact person, you are not entitled to any of the delegates’ benefits (access to the congress, exhibition area, etc.). If you wish to benefit from any of the delegates’ entitlements, please register yourself.
- To qualify for the early registration rate, payment must be received on/before 21 May 2021. All delegates’ names and contact details for paid early registrations must be received by 18 June 2021. Delegate contact details received after this date will be subject to the higher registration fee.
- The Physician, Scientist, Allied Health Professional (AHP), Patient Advocate, Trainee, Student rates are not available to groups, industry, commercial entities or sponsored registrations. Groups can only register under the Industry, Group, Sponsor & Commercial Rate.
- Name changes are free of charge up to 20 August 2021, after which they will be subject to a fee of €25.
- You can send confirmation letters to your delegates directly from your user account, once payment and all delegates’ names and contact details have been received. Alternatively, you can download them should you prefer.
Please use the online system to register by credit card using Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, Diner’s Club and EnRoute. Our online gateway provider is PayPal; you do not need a PayPal account. Please do not try to register on the PayPal website. You can register for the congress using the link below. Our online payment interface provides a Secure Website Order Page. For queries regarding online payments please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: +353 1205 6720.
Please use the online system to register by bank transfer, details for which can be found on your invoice which you create in your user account. All charges due on the bank transfer must be paid by the registrant. Please include the invoice number as reference on the bank transfer. The cut-off date for sending payments in this way is 13 August 2021. Regrettably, exceptions cannot be made.
- Admission to the online scientific programme sessions
- Access to the online poster area
- Access to the online exhibition area
- Certificate of Attendance
- Unlimited online content until 27 October 2021
Cancellations must be made by email to email@example.com. Currency exchange gains/losses are the responsibility of the registrant and the ILAE Secretariat will not accept liability for money loss through bank charges, transfers or currency fluctuations. Refunds will be settled within one month of the congress, in order to facilitate necessary organisational and logistical procedures.
Cancellation of registration fees is as follows:
- On or before 30 April 2021: Registration fees refunded, minus €20 administration fee
- On or before 21 May 2021: Registration fees refunded, minus 50%
- On or before 25 June 2021: Registration fees refunded, minus 65%
- On or before 12 August 2021: Registration fees refunded, minus 80%
- From 13 August 2021: No refunds
Name changes are free of charge up to 20 August 2021, after which will be subject to a fee of €25.
Subscribe to the ILAE Newsletter
To subscribe, please click on the button below.
Please send me information about ILAE activities and other
information of interest to the epilepsy community